Breast Implants to Get From B to DD on 5'8", 118LB Person? (photo)

Hello I am 5'8, 27 inch ribcage,118 lb, small 32 B. I have breastfed two children. When I breastfed, my breasts were measured at a 32 DD. I loved this size on my tall frame. Although I am slender, my height made this size look very lovely I thought. I have included a current picture of my breasts and a past picture of what I looked like when breastfeeding. Will 450ccs under muscle silicon moderate profile (this was recommended by surgeon, no bigger) give me the 32DD?

Implant Selection

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy to determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's and body proportions than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Implants

+1

The correct sizing depends on your breast width, chest width and anatomy, height and weight. The photographs you have posted from when you were breast feeding look like the high profile implant look

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Implants to Get From B to DD on 5'8", 118LB Person?

+1

Might consider in the 500 to 600 cc range of silicone implants in my opinion based only on the posted photos. 

Breast augmentation

+1

To go from B cup to DD and to achieve the breast size and look while you were breastfeeding, 450-500 ml. moderate profile implants placed under muscles seems quite reasonable.  

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

450 cc implants DD?

+1

A good way for you to figure out if this is the volume you want is to do a baggy test and put on a  tight t-shirt over the water or rice in the bag.

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Despite providing good pictures and  precise body measurements, it is not possible to provide you with precise advice online.
 When it comes to selection of the “best” breast implant size/profile to meet patient's goals, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

B to DD Breasts - Is 450 cc Enough?

+1

In general, women take 200 to 250 cc of volume for one cup.  Some smaller women only take 150 cc to 175 cc. You may need 450 cc to 600 cc to get to your DD.  I would just try the implants on in the bra and decide for yourself.

Sizing implants

+1

Thank you for the question and photos. The most important measurement is the one you left out...your base width. I suggest you ignore the ccs in the implant and focus on the look you want. The photo on the right is the most important one and that result is totally attainable. In fact, you will have a much nicer result than your post-pregnancy breasts.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Getting to a DD

+1

Probably.  In general 150cc will give you a one cup increase.  I would recommend that you try implants/sizers to get an idea if this is the correct size for you.  Try both smaller and larger implants until you are satisfied.  Do not get to worried about numbers and letters(cup size), pick what will make you the happiest..

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Breast size

+1

It is difficult to determine based on pictures.  There are plastic surgeons who have 3D imaging software like Vectra where you can see on your own image with the implants.  Certainly you should see a board certified plastic surgeon.  

Gary A. Tuma, MD, FACS
Princeton Plastic Surgeon