Do You Recommend Breast Implants For Me? (photo)

I'm 19, 5'6 , 102lbs I have a 1 year old baby. After pregnancy I suffered engorgement in one breast and it seems like after that ones a cup size smaller. So it's like I have AA on one and A on another. I bought one of the nice add a cup bra's from aerie but although it makes one side look great the other is nonexistent in the A cup bra and if you look down you can see my nipple and notice the difference. It kills me to have such small uneven breasts and to know there's no hope of them growing.

Breast surgery for asymmetry correction

+2

Breast augmentation can definitely help with the asymmetry that you have post baby.  The real question you should ask yourself is "is this the right time to get augmentation?"  Are you planning on having any other children.  If so, do you plan on breast feeding?  Your breasts will once again change if you answer yes.  If you do not plan on having any more children for at least several years and you can afford it, then I would see a few board certified plastic surgeons who do a lot of breast surgery for a consultation.  Your problem can definitely be corrected in the right hands.  Good luck to you!

Asymmetry issues

+2

Certainly you may consider breast augmentation to acheive closer symmerty. There are different ways to do  breast surgery to obtain closer size. This may involve fat tranfers, breast augmentation, and even in some cases a small reduction on the larger breast. I recommend that you see multiple plastic surgeons so you have a consensus of opinions and options that suite your needs.

William Loutfy, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for breast augmentation

+2

The possible options are many after looking at your photos. Measurements of your breast and a thorough examination will be most mandatory to determine the best possible course of action. 

The bottom line is that there is great hope. Your situation is what reputable plastic surgeons deal with every day. Options include different size implants, different style implants, breast lift, nipple areolar reduction, to name a few leading contenders as the solution for your issues. 

However, your desires regarding size of breast, scar tolerance, shape of breast, and expectations or critical in choosing the proper plan.

The good news is that this can absolutely be corrected. There is hope. Good luck and God bless. 

Jay Burns, MD

There are breast options for improving your breast contour

+1

Hi there-

There are excellent options available to you for improvement in your breast shape and symmetry. Your best bet for a responsible recommendation is to visit a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a review of your goals and an examination.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Breast implants can help

+1

You are a good candidate for breast augmentation with implants. Depending on your goals you may also be a candidate for a breast lift. With implants, you can achieve better symmetry and upper pole fullness. A full consultation would be essential for best recommendations. 

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Do You Recommend Breast Implants For Me?

+1

The posted photos show asymmetry so to attain a symmetric result an implant surgery could help. Best to seek in person evaluations and a surgical plan. 

Correction of breast asymmetry

+1

The asymmetry you have can only be corrected with a surgical procedure. There are two options for you. The first and more commonly performed procedure would be breast augmentation with different implant sizes in each breast to balance the volume difference. The second option would be fat transfer to the left breast to increase the volume of the left breast with fat taken from the abdomen, flanks or thighs. The fat transfer procedure has some advantages but is going to be dictated by your goals.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your region to help educate you further. Good luck

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Recommended?

+1

Whether or not to have breast augmentation surgery is a very personal choice.  Assuming your goals are to increase breast size and/or  to improve symmetry,  you may be an excellent candidate for the procedure.

During this decision-making process, you should carefully consider the pros/cons as well as the potential risk/complications associated with breast implants. Also, consider timing of the surgery in relation to your life circumstances (for example if other pregnancies are planned in the near future you may want to delay undergoing breast surgery at this point).

You may find the attached link (discussing risk/complications associated with breast augmentation surgery) helpful.

Definitely recommend implants

+1

Sorry about your asymmetry, but a good plastic surgeon should be able to correct your asymmetries without much difficulty.  It appears that your left inframammary fold is higher than the right side.  During augmentation, it could be lowered to match the opposite side.  I would not recommend fat grafts because that would not allow you to lower the left fold.  It also appears that your right nipple and areola are larger and lower than the left.  This could be corrected with a peri-areolar ("donut") mastopexy (breast lift).  If you look on my website at patient #2034 in the before/after breast lift photos, you'll see a woman similar to you that I operated on.  That may give you some idea of what can be done to fix your issues.  Hope this helps!

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon