What Will Breasts Look Like Post-Explant?

I Had Breast Implants About a Year Ago (150cc) and a Subsequent Mastopexy

A yr ago, I sought a lift for my sagging A breasts (had been a b/c/lrgr when nursing & had always hated my large boobs on my tiny frame) but was told I had to get implants 1st b/c I didn't have enough tissue (I had a lift 2 mos ltr.) A yr after both surgeries, I want my implants removed. I feel too large & regret my dcsn. Having had a lift, what will my breasts look like post-explant? Can I have another lift even if it means I'll be virtually flat w/nipple? What r options w/very little tissue?

Breast implant removal

+1

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Occasionally, I see patients who just want the implants removed because they don't want the implants "to be a part of them" anymore.  Make sure you think about this and that this is the right thing for you.  It's difficult to say if you need a lift after removal -- no one will know exactly what your breasts will look like after the implants are removed until it is done.  Talk to a well-trained and experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and get good advice.

Removing breast implants

+1

You're asking great questions, but it's hard to say without seeing you in person.  If you're confused, you may want to visit with several plastic surgeons to get an idea of your options.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Breast implant removal

+1

These are smaller than average implants and I believe the impact on your breasts will be relatively minimal. If you were generally pleased with the size before surgery, I believe the implants could be removed without any further surgery.

Breasts after implant removal

+1

It is difficult to predict what the breasts will look like after the implants are removed. Sometimes a revisoin lift needs to be performed at a later date.

Removal of Breast Implants- What Will the Breasts Look Like?

+1

The effect of implant removal on the shape of your breasts is based on three things: 1) The quality of your skin,  2) The size of your implants and 3)  How long your implants have been in. It is difficult to predict exactly how your breasts will contour after removing the implants, but if your skin quality is adequate, you may not need another lift because your implants are not excessively large in volume and have not been in place for that long.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Dr. Babak Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Removing of breast implants and capsular contracture

+1

The contour of your breasts after explantation are determined by your skin elasticity, native breast volume, and nipple areolar position.  If you have limited breast volume, your breasts may not have any projection after explantation.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Breast implant removal

+1

It is unfortunate that you were told ( YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN IMPLANT).

If you needed a lift in the past, then your skin may have lost its elasticity, or the breast tissue has dropped down or a combination. After one year of the surgery and an implant then you probably will need  a lift IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT.

It depend on the size , SHAPE of the breast you want to have.

What Will I Look Like AFTER Breast Implant Removal?

+1
Even if you no surgery done to your breasts they shape, size and location would NOT stay still. Time, gravity and aging all continuously act on our bodies and change them. Add to these forces a breast implant (which stretches the skin, thins the breast tissue above it and sags) AND a Breast Lift (which shaped the breast around that of the implant and the shape of the breast at the moment the implants are removed is truly unknown. With the small breast implants you had placed the shape should not be markedly changed BUT you may require a small breast lift procedure to make the breasts perkier. Hope that helps. Dr. Peter Aldea