Can I Get Breast Implants Without a Lift? (photo)

I am 24 years old and I am looking into getting silicone implants done under muscle in a couple months. I am very self conscious about my breasts and finally saved up enough money to get them. I have had a child so my breasts seem a little droopy but not too bad. Do you think I could get implants done without needing a lift? You think it's possible to make my breasts look like the any of The pics?What do you think would be better, mod or high profile? How big should I go? I was thinking D or DD

Breast Implants and Breast Lift Options

+2

Although, you don't have to have a breast lift at the time you have a breast augmentation,  from your photo I believe you would benefit from a periaureolar or donut breast lift.  The lift will center the nipple better on the resulting breast mound and the incision should be relatively well hidden at the aureolar border.  If you are unsure if you want to have the breast lift performed, you could have the augmentation alone and if you're not satisfied with the nipple position the lift could be performed at a later time.  Best wishes.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Modest ptosis of the breasts can be corrected with breast implants only, avoiding you lift.

+2

If the nipple and areola complex is not descended below the infra mammary fold completely, usually breast augmentation only will increase volume and give the breasts the appearance of having undergone a breast lift.

Can I get breast implants without a lift?

+2

Looking at your photos it appears that you probably would need a breast lift inaddition to breast implants. As far as size is concerned it's not possible to judge without knowing your height and weight. Also it will be necessary to be examined in order to decide whether a moderate or HP profile would be preferable. You should seek consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon. You should see a lot of before and after photos.  Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Breast implants plus lifts

+2

You should meet with excellent local plastic sugeons to be measured and examined but it looks like a HP implant would be more likely to apporximate the result you want.  You could use a periareolar lift even now to elevate the nipples and get them more level, but this can always be done later if you wnat to wait.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Implants without a lift

+1

If you want to look like the women in the photos  you need a lift as in all cases their NAC is higher than yours.  A lift will more your nipple higher. If you just put in an implant  you will look the same except bigger. In terms of implant size based upon the photos you will do better with a HP implant although you could make that final determination at your consult.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with augmentation

+1

From your photos, I would say that in order to get the best outcome possible, you will likely need a lift.  The lift I would choose for you would be a peri-areolar one in which the extra tissue is gathered around the areola leaving only a small scar on the periphery of your areola- often barely noticeable.  While you could have surgery without a lift, I don't think you will feel as though you got an optimal outcome without having the definitive surgery- both a mastopexy and an augmentation.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

To lift or not

+1

Your case is borderline as far as needing a lift.  I think you would have a much better result with a vertical lift and implant with a lollipop scar.  When done well, they look great and the scars fade away nicely.  An additional benefit is your areolae could be reduced which would be an additional benefit.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Augmentation with or without breast lift

+1

I would agree with Dr Lepore's answer. You'll probably get the best cosmetic result from an augmentation combined with a concentric/periareolar breast lift.

Alexander G. Nein, MD

Breast Implants With or Without A Lift?

+1

Dear Tr1988,

Breast enhancement is an excellent way to restore the shape and fullness of your breasts.

Your treatment options include breast augmentation alone or breast augmentation with a lift.

Choosing between these two options depends on your tissues, your goals, and your preferences. An in-person examination is needed to give you a qualified opinion.

Please see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation and discussion of your concerns.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

San Francisco, CA USA

Larry Fan, MD

Breast Augmentation without a Lift

+1

A mastopexy (breast lift) is never "required" at the time of breast implants. We, as plastic surgeons, will suggest them when they will provide you a natural appearing breast with the nipple pointing in the proper direction. If, when a lift is suggested, all you are interested in is the enlargement, and do not care if the nipples continue to point down, then you may select to have only the augmentation. If you later decide that you would rather have the nipples elevated, a lift can be done at that time. For you, because the picture is taken from above, it is somewhat difficult to tell if you would benefit greatly from a lift or not. However, it appears that you would need a lift to achieve the desired look you included. As for your other question, I never recommend that anyone go to a DD size since most would like to be smaller after a few years. The profile is determined by your measurements and your eventual desired size. This is picked by your surgeon after discussion with you and measuring you.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon