Can I Get Breast Implants to DD Without Getting a Breast Lift?

I was wondering if I could just get implants without getting a lift? I had my son about 7 months ago.I am looking to go bigger to a DD, but I am not sure if the implants would make my breasts sag or if the implants wouldn't look right without a lift.

The question of a Breast Lift could only be answered by examination

+4

Hi there-

I will respectfully disagree with my colleagues...

I do not believe that answering your question is possible without performance of an in-person examination.

This is because appropriate measurements of your skin elasticity, the location and strength of your infra-mammary fold (the crease under your breasts), and the density of your breast tissue would all be mitigating factors in the decision making process for you and in the recommendation I would make for you.

It is possible you could achieve a beautiful breast without a lift (you need only look at my gallery here on Real Self to see other women with breasts like yours in whom we achieved a lovely shape and size without a lift).

On the other hand, it is possible your goal could only be achieved with a lift- there is simply no way for me to responsibly make this recommendation without examining you.

Be careful who you let do this on you... I believe that 99% of plastic surgeons could complete this surgery safely for you (provided they are certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery), but only a much smaller number could reliably make it beautiful.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Breast implants can be done without breast lift.

+2

Hi.

1) Here is something I have learned after twenty years: If women love the new shape and size of their breasts, they will accept some scars with no problem and see it as a great trade-off. But if women do not like the new shape and size, they will be miserable even if there are no scars. So do not let your decision about a breast lift be driven by fear of scars (they fade a lot, anyway).

2) You are really borderline. Your breasts are lifted when you raise your arms, so you really have a little more sagging than the picture shows. A surgeon would have to examine you in detail, and understand exactly the look you want, before advising you. It's certainly possible to do breast implants alone. You need silicone implants above the muscle.

3) If you decide on a lift, you only need a circular scar around your nipples.

Breast implants without lifts when you need a lift

+2

Clearly from your photo with your arms down your breasts would benefit from a lift. You do not have to do one, it is your choice.  

But without a lift, an implant will make you look matronly with breasts drooping off the end of the implants.  Below the muscle implants will give you a "Snoopy nose" deformity and above the muscle implants will give you a "ball in sock" look.  Try to give consideration to the lift you need, 

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Breast Augmentation with or without a Lift (Mastopexy)

+2

You have moderate breast sagging with breast asymmetry (your right breast appears larger and droopier than the left).

Breast implants ONLY
- will MINIMALLY perk up the breasts, if at all
- will definitely make the breasts sag faster
- will increase the asymmetry between the breasts

I think a Hall-Findlay short scar Breast Lift (Mastopexy) will lift the breasts and make them perky. A minor reduction on the right will reduce the asymmetry.

If you absolutely want an increased breast volume and are willing to accept the weight and sagging, an augmentation lift is the answer in your case.

Good Luck.

Breast enlargement/augmentation and Mastopexy (Breast lift)

+1

Yes, you can have just implants without a lift. Implants just take your shape and project it forward-they neither uplift or drop your breasts. However, in your photo, your nipples sit lower on your breast so I feel you would benefit from a peri-areolar uplift as well.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

I would recommend a minor lift

+1

As said, from your photos alone, it's tough to be sure, but from what I can see, I would recommend subpectoral implants with at least a crescent lift (scar around the top half of your nipple) or a circum-areolar lift with the scar all the way around the areola. The implant size will also play a part in how much skin will need to be removed. These things are all better discussed with your surgeon in person. Good Luck

Breast implants with or without a lift

+1

It is difficult to tell from your photo exactly what you would need. The photos was taken on a funny angle. You probably would have a ncie result from either an implant alone or combined with a slight lift of the areola as well.

Breast implant without a lift

+1

You most likely can get a breast implant without a lift. you will need to be examined to know for sure and you probably should have a high profile implant to help lift the breast better. You may also need a dual plane technique which allows the breast to fill your sagging lower breast tissue. Your breasts will be perkier and look better with a lift however.

Kennewick Plastic Surgeon

When is a breast lift needed?

+1

It is hard to say based on your photos, so I am assuming worse case scenario. If, and only examination will determine this, you need a lift, I think a donut lift (the scar is around your areola only) with an appropriate sized implant will give you a good result. The most common mistake patients make is to rely on a large implant in order to avoid a lift. Long term, the weight of the implant will stretch and sag your breast skin, leading to a more involved lift (with more scarring) than what you may need now.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants with or without lift

+1

It is most likely that you will get your best results with a small lift/reduction  with implants. The size of your existing breasts makes them more prone to recurrent sagging over the long term.