Breast Implants + Having Sex Without a Bra Will Cause Sagging?

I am 5 mnths post-op and had 375cc´s put in under the muscle. I followed all the instructions, and am very happy with my result. Me and my boyfriend used to have sex naked before I had my implants- and he recently asked me why I now only want to have sex with my sport bra still on. I explained that I am scared of the ´bouncing´. so.. 1. Will sex without a bra (bouncing) cause them to sag over time? 2. Will sleeping without my bra squash them? I want them to still be perky for years to come! :)

Sagging from sex?

+2

It sounds like you have been a great patient and even continued to wear you sports bra to protect your breast implants for 5 months! I think it's time for you to relax and get on with the normal activities in your life. There are no studies to show that a certain kind of activity causes sagging breasts. Enjoy your results. Congratulations and best wishes.

Sex after breast augmentation

+2

Five months after surgery you should not worry about your implants. Go have fun. I recommend wearing a bra in general, most of the time since I just think it makes sense to support your breasts and help to reduce the natural sagging which occurs over time.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Bra can come off after implant surgery

+1

There are no studies that prove that wearing a bra will prevent breasts from sagging. They tend to have a mind of their own with or without a bra. The only reason to wear the bra 5 months after surgery is for your comfort. Try not wearing your bra and see how it feels, if you are uncomfortable, then place it back on.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants and Sex

+1

Although wearing a bra more does help to prevent sagging, if you want to have sex with your bra off go for it! I only recommend no rough handling of the breasts for one month after surgery. 

Michael Horn, MD

Breast implants and relations

+1

I do not put major restrictions on patients in terms of intimate relations if they have healed successfully and are more than 3-6 weeks out from surgery. Bra or no bra is OK with me.  Enjoy!

Post-op concerns

+1

You are far enough out from surgery that you may resume normal activites, and not have to worry.  If you want to be naked while intimate, that's up to you!  

Thomas Fiala, MD

Bra after augmentation

+1

Do not let implants change your life. Once you have healed(6 weeks), you can act like you never had an operation. Going without a bra will not make your breasts sag.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Sexual Activity after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I do not think that you have to be concerned about breast “sagging” because of failure to wear a bra  during sexual activity.

Some breast "sagging" will occur with time

+1

Thank you for the question.  How long your breasts will remain "perky" will depend on a number of factors including the size of your implants, the thickness and strength of your breast tissue, how much you wear a bra, activity, etc.  As you can see from the list above the use of a bra will help but you will have to take into consideration that having your bra off for a few hours will unlikely lead to long term difference in breast "sagging".  It sounds like you will be diligent otherwise so that will definitely help.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Sagging by not Wearing a Bra Periodically

+1

We think that breast sagging is halted somewhat by wearing a good, supportive bra.  Periodic removal of the bra is probably OK.