Smaller Cup Size with Losing Weight After Breast Implants?

I recently got breast implants which made me go from a B cup to a D cup. If I plan to lose about 20 lbs, will my cup size drop more than a C cup, considering I have silicone 375cc?

Losing weight after implants?

Thank you for the question. Although weight loss will not have a direct effect on your breast implants, significant weight loss may affect the appearance of your breasts in general.

It is difficult to predict how a specific young lady's breasts will change with weight loss; how the breasts were affected historically with weight loss may be the best indication how you will do.
Generally speaking, significant weight loss can lead to some change in breast tissue (and/or nipple/areola) position; this “sagging” is called breast ptosis medically.

Sometimes, patients who lose weight will have a smaller amount of breast/soft tissue coverage overlying the breast implants; this change in breast anatomy may lead to a greater degree of breast implant palpability and/or rippling. In these cases, the breasts may also appear smaller.

Therefore, generally speaking, it is in patient's best interest to achieve a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing elective breast surgery.
I hope this, and the attached link, help.

What has happend to your breast size with weight loss in the past?

Weight loss effects the breast in different ways depending on the proportion of breast tissue to fat in your breast.  This may be a function of your age and genes.

i would speculate that in most patients a 20 pound weight loss would not decrease you more than a "cup size".

John E. Gross, MD

Difficult to answer this question

It is very difficult to answer this question because every woman is different. Your breast is made up of some percentage of fat and some percentage of glandular tissue. Typically, as women age, more of the breast is made of fat and less gland. If you were to lose weight, you would lose some of the fatty component, but not the gland.

Furthermore, some women tend to lose fat in their breasts with weight loss, whereas other women tend to lose weight preferentially elsewhere. You may have noticed this if you have lost a significant amount of weight in the past.

Hope that helps!

Jeffrey Horowitz, MD
Bel Air Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss may change cup size

Weight loss after breast implant surgery can change the size of the breasts. The breasts will lose some weight, but that of course varies quite a bit between women. There is no good way to determine how much you might lose in your bust except by "trial and error."

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon