I Got Breast Implants 5 Weeks Ago. They Are Not Even!

I got breast implants 5 weeks ago,I started off with a 34B, got 350 cc's filled to 405 cc's on both sides. The first 3 weeks they looked very even but then I noticed that my right breasts seemed higher then the left one but they looked the same size. Now the right is still higher then the left and it is fuller, rounder and bigger!!! I am trying not to panic as it is only 5 weeks but I am starting to worry that I am going to need a revision!! Advice would be appreciated thank you!

Implants Uneven at Five Weeks

+2
  1. Yes your implants are a little bit uneven with the right higher but it is quite early and with massage and settling in the next few months, this may well correct itself.
  2. I also feel your implants are a bit large which causes the superior fullness to be more prominent.
  3. Give it time and followup with your surgeon.

Breast Asymmetry and Typical Recovery

+2

Your implants seem to be positioned high but may drop with time. They also appear quite large. I try to discourage my patients from going too big because of long-term damage to your skin and soft tissues.  Overtime the skin and soft tissues thin out to the point that your breasts may never feel or look right.  It is important to use a precise measuring system to determine what implant size and shape is best for your exact body and tissue.

When you go beyond these then problems become more likely. You may want to consider wearing a band in the upper part of your chest to push the implants down and be patient to see what happens long term. Asymmtry is a natural part of life with our face and bodies and there is no such thing as perfect symmetry.

One technique and recovery concept that allows you to determine your best size and to improve your recovery and limit swelling is the flash recovery breast augmentation technique.  This is based on a 24 hour recovery technique developed by one of my mentors Dr. Tebbetts.  I termed this the flash recovery breast augmentation technique in a tongue and cheek sort of way so that my Los Angeles and Beverly Hills patients understand how quick your recovery can actually be.

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

VIDEO: Preferential breast implant displacement exercises to lower a higher implant

+1

IT is still early and I will sometimes use preferential breast implant displacement exercises on the right side performed 2-3 times as more frequently as the left side. I have attached a video but discuss this with your surgeon prior to commencing.

Assymetry after Augmentation

+1

At 5 wks postop the left is settling faster than the right.  Massage should help unless there is  a muscle release issue or an early capsule problem. Time will tell.

Daniel J. Casper, MD

Postop patients

+1

Dont panic.  Massage the implant down and let things settle over 4-6 months. I am pretty sure you'll be happy.

Blane T. Shatkin, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant, asymmetry

+1

It is a good idea to wear a bandeau, that will apply pressure on the superior pole, you could wear only on the right side. Gentle squeezing of the implant at the superior pole can help to descend the implant by expanding the lower pole.

Sanjay Parashar, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry right after breast implant surgery

+1

It's normal to have some asymmetry of your breasts after breast augmentation.  Each breast will heal at slightly different rates and may descend or lower sooner than the other.  It can take up to four months for your implants to "settle" after surgery.  If you feel the difference in size or position of the implants is very noticeable than I suggest you see your plastic surgeon to make sure you don't have early signs of capsular contracture (scar tissue).

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Early asymmetry after augmentation

+1

Make sure you are not wearing a push-up bra for 8 weeks and make sure you are not over-using your right arm or doing pec exercises.  All these things can pull the implant up.  It is too soon to worry about a revision but work closely with your doctor about what you can do to reduce the difference such as massage.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Implants different heights

+1

At 5 weeks, one implant may be settiling a bit faster than the other.  Speakt to your doctor about how he/she treats this.  He may have you  massage the right one more.

Uneven after breast augment

+1

Uneven breasts early in the post op phase can be disconcerting for the patient. Most of the time it gets better as time passes. One can be more swollen, tighter, have a tighter crease or smaller base to begin with which necessitates more stretching that has to take place. I would wait for at least 6 months before recommending an operative repair. If capsular contracture is at issue. A pill called Accolate with Vitamin E as well as trans-cutaneous ultrasound has been effective in my practice in curing firm breasts from capsular contracture. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD