Developed Discoid Lupus After Silicone Breast Implants. Are They Related? Help ?

I have silicon implants done yr half ago now I have had discoid lupus for a year I have always been healthy is there chance it ruptured? Got into my skin tissue? I wanted bigger to enhance my looks but feel like I traded my flawless face for bigger breast now I have lesions that I will be stuck with for life help?? If I have them removed im still stuck with discoid lupus and will never have my young skin back

Lupus and silicone implants

+1
There is no evidence that silicone implants are associated with or cause a higher incidence of any medical condition such as discoid lupus than that that is seen in people without implants at all.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Do breast implants cause lupus???

+1

This issue was studied extensively beginning about 20 years ago during the breast implants care. The food and drug administration (FDA) and Institute of Medicine supervised a number of studies to investigate  the possibility of a relationship between silicone breast implants and a variety of illnesses including lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. No such relationship was identified. Lupus was found to be no more common in women that had breast implants when compared with women that never had breast surgery. This was true for all the other illnesses that were estimated.

If you were concerned about the possibility of a ruptured implant an MRI is the gold standard for diagnosis. Discussed with your surgeon or rheumatologist whether this is an appropriate study for you.

If you consider removing your implants, carefully consider the risks and benefits and discussed them with her rheumatologist and with your surgery. Good luck and my best wishes.