Is a 375cc Breast Implant a Good Size for Me?

Hello, I am a 26 yr old female. I've breastfed 3 children. I went to get a consult from a board cert P.S. and he said I needed overs.

I am 120 lbs and short, he suggested 375cc? Does that seem like a good option for someone with a size A?

See an experienced plastic surgeon to assist you in selecting the proper size implant for you

+2

What are the best methods to determine the right size implants? Are there any guidelines to follow? Unfortunately, there are no precise methods or precise guidelines available to assist us in choosing the correct size implants for you. There are many factors that must be considered, such as your wants and needs, body dimensions, vocation, and other lifestyle activities. In other words, we must always individualize.

The average American woman stands 5’ 4’’ and weighs 140 lb. On average, 95% or more of our patients choose breast implants between 300-450 cc, or the equivalent of 10-15 oz. Keep in mind that a coke can is only 12 oz. It does not take a large volume to give you your desired look!

Because of your small body size, I would downward shift you to a range between 300-400 cc. The most important maneuver is to take these implants within the suggested range and place them into you bra. The proper size implant should generate a feeling of comfort and ‘feel’ right!
Again, I must strongly encourage you to see a board certified/eligible plastic surgeon that is experienced in breast surgery.

I hope you find this helpful!

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Finding the right implant size

+2

Thanks for your question -

Determining the right implant size is a complex and important decision.

Implants are more than just volume. You need to carefully (with the help of your surgeon) discuss implant shape, type and placement.

Factors that are important to consider in addition to your height and weight include body proportions, chest wall shape, breast diameter, amount of ptosis (breast sag) you may have and several other factors.

In terms of finding the right cc size -

In my San Francisco area practice, when patients are not quite sure about the size I will lend them several different sized implants to try for a week or two that they can wear inside of their bra - it isn't a perfect approximation but it is helpful.

If your plastic surgeon can't (or won't!) do this try bags of rice. The important thing here is you really need to try to wear the "trial size" implants as much as possible. This means try them with different clothes, (swimsuits, professional wear, casual wear, formal wear) but it also means while driving, while working out, while sleeping. It isn't a perfect way to see what the implants will be like, but it is pretty close.

The real key is finding a plastic surgeon that will take the time to work with you to find what works for you. Start with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Good luck!

+1

Thank you for the question. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful specific advice. Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Picking the Best Implant Size

+1
What Implant Size is Good For You?
It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape of implant that will get you the results you desire without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon and your goals in mind. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be tough to answer your question. For example your native base width of your breast will determine in many cases the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Additional critical decisions will also be made by your plastic surgeon such as: whether your implants will be above or below your pectoralis muscle. These choices are recommended to you based on the look you desire, the amount of sagging you may have, and other deciding factors. I always find it helpful for patients to bring in photos from my or other plastic surgeons’ websites to illustrate what they would like to look like. I bring these photos to the operating room for reference during surgery so that I have the advantage of “seeing through my patient’s eyes” to achieve their wishes.
I personally order more than one set of implant sizes and use sterile sizers placed in the pocket during surgery to know in advance exactly which implant would work best for you. Software morphing programs can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn't work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts).

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/breast/augmentation/

Implant choices need personal consultation

+1

Without examining you in person, it is difficult to tell you what implant size and shape would best suit your body habitus. I prefer HP implants for very thin, narrow-framed patients.

You will be very big with 375 cc implants.

+1

To jjfisher2313,

Hi! For someone your size, I would generally recommend staying in the 250 cc to 300 cc range. Very big breasts don't age well and large implants look less natural.

What I do is use disposable implant SIZERS during surgery. That way we can see what different volumes actually look like and I can decide which is the best size implant for you before we open the permanent implants. This takes the guess work out.

Size should be individualized

+1

The choice of size depends a lot on what your goal is. Typically after breastfeeding there is some sagging and loss of tissue, so that determines part of it. You should try implant sizers on in a bra to see what you like.

Breast base diameter is important

+1

Without an exam, this can be difficult to say. Internalizing patient wishes and correlation with natural breast base diameter provides the best means to judge implant size.

Different implant profiles are also an option, and here again, this could be decided upon at the time of exam. I would discuss all these points with your surgeon.

Hope this helps!

No one can give you an answer to this.

+1

The size of the implant is your choice and only you know if you will be happy. I have my patients try on implants inside their bras and also have them try rice inside baggies at home.

This is truely an individual thing and only you can decide if you will be happy with what size.

Ask for pictures of women who had implants in that range

+1

While your height and weight is unique to you, it should be possible to ask your plastic surgeon to see photos of women with a similar build to yours. Ask what size implants were used and you will be able to get an idea. You can also ask to try some implant samples to put in an unpadded bra. This is not entirely accurate but if you find that whatever implant you tried is way too big or way too small, it gives you an idea.

We usually have our patients put some rice in a stocking that has been cut off at about the ankle and tie it very loosely. They can try their clothes on at home and see how many ounces of rice they like. The final implant is chosen based on an accomodation that we make to the volume of rice that was chosen.

There is no perfect way. Other valuable adjuncts are diameter of your breast as compared to the diameter of the 375 cc implant you are choosing. If necessary consult with a second plastic surgeon to be sure about size ahead of time.

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon