Breasts Still Uneven and Small After Breast Augmentation

I had breast augmentation on April 23, 2009, with 335 cc cohesive gel implants under the muscle. I'm 5'8, 125 lbs., with very little breast tissue. My left breast was always smaller than my right. At 3 wks post opm my left breast is still smaller than my right and not as full on the bottom. Should I have gone with a round implant or larger one? Would this still have occurred if I did? I'm not happy with the size, it's too small and I was under the impression that they would have been larger. I'm terribly upset with my results and I want to exchange them ASAP.

Uneven asymmetric breasts before surgery usually mean less uneven but asymmetric breasts after surgery

+1

Allow 6-9 months to pass you assess your results and then you may require breast implant revision. This is quite common when dealing with breast asymmetry. See the videos below for more information and options

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Unhappy after breast augmentation results

+1

As every doctor will tell you, you are very early after surgery and results change over time. I ask my patients to allow 3-6 months to elapse at least before making any type of assesssment about the results. Some surgeons wait longer. That being said, sometimes early revisions are performed. Only you and your surgeons, who has fully evaluated you and is familiar with your goals for the surgery, can make this determination.

Give it time

+1

This may be a repeat answer to this question but you are very early after surgery and should allow time to heal before deciding to change to larger implants. I would recommend waiting at least 3-6 months. At this time if you feel like your breasts are still asymmetric then you may consider placing a larger implant where you feel your smaller breast is. Discus these concerns with your board-certified plastic surgeon at your next follow-up visit. I hope this helps.

Dr Edwards

Web reference: http://medwardsmd.com