Breast Implants to Regain Full D Cup?

I am a 42-year-old woman with 34-36D bust. No kids, but I have noticed a decrease in fullness over time. I do NOT want to go any bigger with breast implants, just want to have the full D cup breasts I had before. What is best for me? Saline or silicone? Under or over muscle? Long term safety and cost are also considerations.

Breast volume

+1

Hi,

It is hard to say without examining you. However, you do have a few options that might work for you. A breast lift alone will help with any drooping you may be experiencing if you have enough volume and laxicity. Even though small amount of tissue is removed, your breast may appear fuller as the volume is fit into a smaller space.

Implants will increase the volume of your breast, but will may make sagging worse over time if that is already a problem for you. Last you can combine both procedures, but this is usually only if you want a lift and larger breast. As far as details such as implant type and over or under the muscle, discuss these options with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Breast Lift vs Breast Augmentation or Both

+1

It is very difficult to give you an accurate answer but here it goes. It really depends on what you are trying to achieve and what you have right now. If your volume is good in a bra but you have loose skin, then you may just need a breast lift. If you lack the fullness in the upper pole then you may benefit from a small implant to give you the added fullness up top.

Hope that helps answer your questions, more can be said after an examination.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Avoid breast implants if you don't want to be bigger.

+1

Hi!

1)  Breast implants have volume and will make your breasts bigger.  You are big enough.

2)  You just want to improve the shape of your breasts, and so you need a good INTERNAL (not relying on skin tension because skin stretches) breast lift.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Loss of breast volume

+1

It sounds as if you have lost upper fullness and have developed some degree of glandular ptosis.

Depending on the amount of skin excess, it is my impression that you will achieve the best result with a breast lift, slight reduction, and volume replacement with a silicone implant placed above the muscle.

Of course you will obtain different opinions and your best approach is to schedule a few consultations with expereienced board certified plastic surgeons and then select the best fit for you.

Loss of fullness with age

+1

Your experience is not unusual and could be improved in one of three ways.

1. Implants alone. This will add overall volume to the breasts and may increase your cup size.

2. Breast lift alone. This tightens and lifts the breasts without adding volume. The downside here is the degree of scarring that occurs.

3. Breast lift and implants together. This is for women who want larger and lifted breasts.

You and your plastic surgeon will discuss all the options and the consquences of each.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Loss of fullness

+1

The only reason to have implants placed is to increase the volume of the breasts. As a side effect implants will frequently give some lift to the breasts. If your concern is the shape of the breast, you may need to consider a lift operation or Mastopexy. At the cost of a few scars you may be able to restore the youthfull fullness you're missing. Don't do a lift if there is a possibility of more children.

Donald W. Kress, MD, FACS
Frederick Plastic Surgeon

Implants or no implants

+1

Kitters,

THe larger a woman's breasts are naturally, the higher the chance of laxity as time passes, especially if you have some weight loss. You may be a candidate for a breast lift (mastopexy) alone if you have adequate breast volume with laxity or sagginess of your breasts. You will be a bit smaller with a lift even though typically there is not much breast tissue removed and there is never a tremendous amount of upper pole fullness that persists after mastopexy so you may consider adding an implant to your lift. The determination of what kind of implant and where it is placed is best determined at consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. I prefer partially sub-muscular placement for what I feel is a more natural appearance. I hope this helps.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Restore volume fullness

+1

If your breasts just don't have the fullness that they did, perhaps they are just a bit droopy. Sometimes, all that is needed is a lift. This may eliminate the need for implants.