Breast Implant Type and Size I Should I Get?

I recently had my consultation. I am getting breast implants in September. I opted for saline, however the silicone just felt much more believable and I squished the hell out of that thing and it was not breaking. The doctor I am seeing used cohesive gel. I have 3 kids, and I have breastfed so I know how big they are capable of getting, but I am 5'1" 103 pounds and opted for a full C. But am thinking maybe small D. Is that too big? I am pettite, but pear-shaped, and also muscular.

The art of breast augmentation

+2

Choosing the right implant size requires bringing together a set of objective and subjective parameters. It requires excellent communication between surgeon and patient. Talking, reviewing pictures and testing different volumes in your desired bra size should help.

Many women are conservative and communicate concern about being "too big". Unfortunately, "too big" is a very subjective concern. I ask patients to bring photographs of breast that in their opinion is too small, just right, and too big.

Just looking at your picture above, I doubt you will need any implant larger than 350cc.

Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Everyone is different

+2

Ask your plastic surgeon to let you try the implants on in a sports bra under a t shirt. This does not define your post-op bra size but it will give you somewhat of an idea of what to expect. I do this with every patient who I operate on and 99% tell me at 1 year that it gave them a good idea of what to expect.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Choosing your implant size

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
The silicone gel implants also sits differently on the chest wall and so it may look "smaller' when compared to a saline implants - the projection will be less.