Breast Implants Through the Armpit. Hard Feeling on Side of the Ribs on Right Side, Should I be Concerned?

I had my BA 10 days ago. Had unders through the armpit. My left side is healing great, but my right seems to be a problem. There was a lot of bruising after surgery and a black looking spot right at the bottom of my breast mound on my ribs. The bruising is almost gone now and the swelling is not as bad, but there is a hard feeling of the skin/tissue where the black bruise was. Its like numb and very tight. It doesn't hurt. Is just tissue damage that will heal on its own or something serious.

Breast Augmentation Complication?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your description and the pictures it appears that you have a firm collection of blood (possible hematoma). If this is the case it generally resolves/liquefies  over the course of several weeks.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon. He/she may recommend warm compresses to expedite the liquefaction of the firm blood.

Trans axillary placement of breast implants give really great results

+2

The trans axillary approach to breast augmentation gives really great results and minimal scars. It seems that the problem you have experienced is a collection of blood in the tissue an the right side. It is not unusual for there to be brusing and swellin in the area you have described and photographed. As you are finding out it resolves on its own with no residual problems. As long as your two breast are similar in size and shape there is nothing to worry about. If your right breast is larger and bulges higher than your left then you may have a hematoma, a collection of blood in the breast pocket. In that case you may need to have a proceedure to remove the excess blood. It seems that that is not likely a problem since you did not mention any asymetry. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

You may have hematoma

+2
The bruising and hard tissue that you feel is indicator of hematoma. This should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. Sounds like a small hematoma occurred. Best to see your surgeon twicec a week and possible external ultrasound therapy can help.