Can I Get Breast Implants if I Have a Tattoo Below my Breast?

I absolutely hate my breast and plan on getting breast augmentation. I do not mind if the tattoo becomes larger/ stretches. I am just concerned about the tattoo morphing onto my breast as the skin stretches with the implants. Someone please give me some insight. Would it be best to get the tattoo removed? I hope not.... * I hope to be a full B or small C after surgery.

Breast Augmentation with Tattoo (Breast Implants)

+2

Breast augmentation or breast implants are possible with tattoos. From your pictures, your tattoo will probably end up at the inferior breast fold. From El Paso.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

***PHOTOS: Tattoo on breast distortion with implant augmentation surgery

+1

The upper abdominal skin tends to be drawn up onto the new breast mound. With the relatively modest size you are describing, this should be minimal. However, as you age the tattoo may be concealed by the natural fullness of the lower portion of the breast. You should be aware of the breast asymmetry and the possible need for a slightly larger implant on the left or slight reduction on the right with placement of similar sized implants.

Your tattoo will be OK with breast augmentation, but you may need additional procedures for the best result

+1

Dear Essington5327,

Your concern is that the tattoo will end up on the breast after breast augmentation. Based on your photos, you should be fine. When placing the implant, the bottom of the implant usually sits at the breast fold. In your case, going to a B or small C should not affect the tattoo in any significant manner. As Dr. Vallecillos has pointed out, you have some breast asymmetry and may have some degree of tuberous breast (a certain shape, and appearance of the nipple-areola region that a breast can have) on your right side. This may require some additional procedures to obtain the best result, but only a full evaluation in-person would be able to determine if it is necessary or recommended.

Bottom line: your tattoo should be OK, but  to obtain the best symmetry (in the nude), you may decide on something in addition to breast augmentation. In Toronto, see a plastic surgery specialist certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (the Canadian equivalent for the American Board of Plastic Surgery) for a consultation.    

Best regards,

Lawrence Tong MD FACS FRCSC

Lawrence Tong, MD

Tattoo breast augmentation

+1

Hi, it almost looks as if you have a tuberous shape to the right breast.  If this is the case, you might benefit from having your surgery done with a peri-areolar incision, which will also provide the least amount of distortion to your tattoo.  I suggest seeing a board-certified surgeon in your area who can examine you and address both issues.  Best wishes, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry needs to be corrected.

+1

Hi.

Your tattoo is not a problem, but you will not have a good result just with breast implants. At least you need to make the areola smaller in the right breast.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast aug and tattoo

+1

I see no problem in having a breast augmentation with the tattoo where it is.  You could go through the areola or the axilla if you are concerned about an incision through the tattoo.  If you wanted the tattoo removed why not do it before the surgery or after.  Remember that it will take 5-6 sessions to removed the tattoo if it is all black.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo and breast augmentation

+1

From your photographs, the tattoo will likely not be affected by a breast augmentation.   Judging from the position of the tattoo, it will likely be below the bottom part of your "enhanced breast" without distortion.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts

+1

Your tattoo may end up in the lower pole of your left breast, with possible distortion.. Additionally, it may be obscured from view.  Keep in mind that you have tuberous breasts which may require more than one procedure to attain optimal results. I recommend you consult  with a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you and create the correct management plan for you.

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Breast implants for those with tattoos is no problem

+1

The majority of tattoos we encounter in breast augmentation are in the upper breast and pose little problem during planning and placement of breast implants. The fear is that the fuller breast will distort the tattoo in some way but this has't been an issue. Your tattoo is in the lower breast and if the incision placement is chosen well you should do fine.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast Implants OK with Tattoo

+1

Your tattoo is not a contraindication to undergoing an augmentation.  In your case the tattoo will change in appearance, I think, minimally.  Some tattoos are affected more by breast augmentation depending on the location on or relative to the breast, but they are never a contraindication to having the procedure performed.

John Whitt, MD