Breast Implants Were Supposed to Be C's but I Feel Like They Are B's? (photo)

I'm 21 years old. 5'9 Per op: 34a I went with a 520 cc saline under the muscle and I feel like I am only a B. I wanted to be a full c or small d. I know the doctors said wait to see how the implant settles but I don't think I'm going to gain much mass, I feel very small considering I was supposed to get 520cc but it really doesn't feel like 520..... I'm honestly very disappointed and don't know what to do. Yea wait and see but I don't think I'm going to jump from looking like a b to a c.

Something's not right here

+4

I agree that you don't look like your implants are 520cc. i would believe that they are 250cc. Something doesn't seem right. You should discuss everything with your surgeon. You could request to see your Operative notes and you should have been given the labels of the implants that were used.

520 cc Implants or Smaller

+3

I would agree that these implants do not appear to be 520 cc no matter how little breast tissue you had preoperatively.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Saline implants and change in breast size

+2

I would need to see the iimplant record.  In my experience  a 34 chest requires

350-375 cc to change from an a/b cup to a c cup  above that will go to a 34 d

Check with you doctor

Do I really have 520cc?

+1

First of all, you do look great and I think you will have beautiful B cup breasts. However, there is no way that you have a 520cc Saline implant in there. If you did, you would be huge. Quite frankly, I am glad you don't have 520cc as you would look too large and get really stretched out with that size implant inside you.

I think you need to see what you really have (ask for records) and then decide how much more to go. Be careful with too large a size. You can always go up, but it is really hard to go down sizes after you have been stretched too much. Good luck.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Small implants

+1

These don't appear to be 520 cc implants. Talk to your PS and find out the final size. You can always have a bigger implant placed.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

May look better with time

+1

Hello. Your complaint is not uncommon. That being said you may want to give your results more time to show. You did not specify when you had your surgery but I’m guessing it was recent. Implants need time to settle and in many cases this will give a larger appearance. I would recommend giving the implants close to six months before considering a redo.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Smaller Than Expected After Breast Aug? #breastimplants

+1

Your results look great from your pictures. If you do not feel like you are big enough then you may need larger implants one day. It does not look to me like you have that much volume in your implants, but photos over the internet with an iPhone can be very deceiving. What i would recommend for you to do is to wait about 3 months. Let things settle then revisit if you need to have more volume added to your implants. The plus to you having saline is all that is needed will be to attach a hose to the implant and put move volume in. If however you are at the upper limit of what your current implant can handle volume wise you may need a bigger saline implant to avoid increased risk of rupture.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Implants may not be 520CC

+1

Even without seeing your preop photos, I can say that your new implants don't appear to be 520CC. Thank God! that would be way too large for your chest and the implants would be pushed out into your armpit if they were that large. Talk to your surgeon and get their opinion on the size that was chosen. To me, it looks like something that is very proportionate to your frame. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Question about size of implant used for breast augmentation

+1

Usually you can expect to go up one cup size for every 200 cc of implant volume. If you actually have a 520 cc implant in place then it does appear small.  Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to understand your pre operative measurements and should help you select implants that are appropriate for your body type.   It is a fact that we can put in very large implants but they may not look great afterwards especially for saline filled implants.  The implant is not designed to hang over the edge of the chest wall, when this happens you can sometimes experience rippling of the lateral edge of the implant.  

Cup size prediction after breast augmentation

+1

Predicting a patient's cup size after breast augmentation is one of the most difficult challenges surrounding breast enhancement surgery for any plastic surgeon. I tell my patients up front that I will not be able to predict their cup size exactly because cup size is an imprecise measurement that varies from person to person and bra designer to bra designer.  A best estimate is usually done during the consultation process after the patient is examined.  That all said, it is very hard to believe that you only went up one cup size with a 520cc implant.  I suppose that with a very tight skin envelope and firm pectoral muscle, you may gain projection, and therefore cup size, as your body heals and you stretch out. I would be patient for now.

Michael A. Epstein, MD