Sleep on Stomach 16 Days After Breast Augmentation?

I am 16 days Breast augmentation post-op and everything seems to be going well. My question is, is it okay to sleep on my stomach again if I am comforatable with it? I am in need of sleep badly and I am a stomach sleeper.

Sleeping on your stomach after breast implant augmentation surgery

+1

In the event of a straightforward breast augmentation, I will allow my patients to sleep on their stomach but this is not the case with all surgoens nor are all patients capable of tolerating this. Discuss with your surgeon.

Postoperative instructions after Breast Implants

+1

Breast implants are positioned underneath the muscle in most cases. It takes approximately 6 to 8 weeks for the body to create a capsule around the implant. If a patient exerts themselves excessively or lays on the breasts, they may displace the implant and create an artificial pocket that may compromise the final positioning of the implant. I advise my patients to wait 8 weeks before sleeping on their stomach.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

2-3 weeks should be sufficient

+1

First off, you should clear things with your plastic surgeon but after 2-3 weeks if it is comfortable you should be at least able to sleep on your side. Everyone heals at a different rate and women with larger implants may need to wait longer. The real bottom line is, if it doesn't hurt, it is probably OK. Best of luck.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS