Recommended Cup Size for my Frame? AA to Small C Cup

I am 5'7" 110 pounds and SKINNY!! I am currently wearing a 32 AA. I recently met with a plastic surgeon and I want a small C. He said I could go a little larger because of my long tourso but I think I'll stay at a small C because I want a natural look. Based on my body type, what would be natural on considering I have no butt either! Also, I was wondering what a ball park estimte would be in terms of CC's of a small C.

Try implant sizers, then tell your doctor what you like

+4

w0390763: I agree with many of the comments of surgeons already posted.

We ask patients about their desired cup size, but learn the most about their desires from letting them try on a variety of temporary sizers in a bra in front of a mirror. Both with and without a fitted knit shirt.

This method is imperfect, because it shows a little too much projection and not enough cleavage for any particular implant, but we get to see what our patient has in mind. We emphasize seeking proportions rather than a specific cup size. Go for the look you want, not a cup size.

Your surgeon should evaluate you and advise you whether you body and breast can accommodate an implant you might choose. If not, you should adapt your desires to fit the surgeon's assessment. Good luck.

My final suggestion is to consult with additional board certified plastic surgeons if you are uncertain. It may help you understand important facts before you make your final decision.

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

With augmentation stick with the look you are after

+3

Implant size or type is a very common consideration in breast augmentation and deserves a good amount of time and consideration before you complete surgery. Cup size can be a relative term in augmentation and can often create confusion about the final result.

Patients can be influenced by a particular surgeon's experience or what he likes to see. You can sometimes get a feel for this by reviewing his photo book of augmentation examples. You may notice his bias in augmentation is to a very full result. Also bias can occur depending on where you live. Augmentation in one part of the country will differ from another. Augmentation in Miami is probably not the same as in Chicago where I happen to practice.

The point of any cosmetic procedure, especially augmentation is to have a look that you want, not any bigger or smaller than you feel you should be. As you look for a surgeon, I suggest you look for balance in the results presented, and keep in mind that the photos show others choices, perhaps not yours.

Work with photos until you have a idea of how full you would like to be, cleavage, upper fill, projection, natural appeal, etc. After you know what you like and how you feel inside, stick with what you like. A small C may be perfect for you.

Finally keep in mind that cup size can be hard to estimate. In a small C you may occasionally buy a full B because it just fits better. Sometimes in a skinny patient a small C cup look may fit say a 32" small D cup, because as the chest size decreases the relative cup size will increase. Again stick with the look that is right for you and buy the bra you are prettiest in.

Only as your surgeon truly knows what you would like to look and feel your best can the actual implant size and shape be addressed.

peterejohnsonmd

Consider trade-offs...

+3

In general, it is safer and more natural to go smaller rather than larger. But you need to think about what you desire. Cup size is not the only consideration of what a breast augmentation entails. Cleavage, lateral contour, shape and form all contribute to breast proportion and attractiveness. Go over all aspects of what you want to look like with your surgeon. The more the breast is comprised of the implant, the more your breast will look and feel like whatever implant you use. Be careful of going too large when you are skinny. Even though you might think you need to go large because you are skinny, the lack of adequate soft tissue cover can hinder a natural look the larger you become.

CC's of implant do not translate into cup size. You have to look at your dimensions and your native breast volume as well as chest size. I always suggest my patients focus on the look and the side effects/complications. Cup size is only a rough gauge of breast size or amount of increase in size. Going from A to C suggests a significant change but you should be happy with the look and shape and don't worry if you are a small C, large B, or large C. Bra sizes are not standardized.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Don't think in terms of cup size

+2

The best implant for your body is one whose base diameter fits the width of the chest wall behind your breast. Then the profile of the implant determines how natural (moderate profile) or excessively full (moderate plus and high profile) you want the upper pole to be. The cup size just then follows when you have the implant that is right for your body.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

You are absolutely right not to go too big.

+2

Hi! From your description of yourself, I would guess you will need implants between 225 cc's and 300 cc's.

I determine the final size DURING surgery by using a temporary implant sizer and trying out different volumes until we actually see which looks best. This way there is no guess work.

I use Mentor smooth walled round silicone gel implants, either moderate PLUS profile or high profile. You may well need high profile implants because your chest is narrow.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Try on volumes for breast implant size

+2

Breast implants have many variables: projection, base width, volume, etc. There are lots of different "naturals" based on perception. We use implant sizers, which are gel implants with different volumes so you can see what 200 versus 400 cc looks like. It's not great to see the difference of 25cc (which is nominal anyways), but it's good for broad strokes. Many surgeons' offices offer this so you can "see" what your results will look like in clothes.

That being said, to answer your question, given your height and weight, I'd recommend 275-350cc. It will also be important to choose an implant with the appropriate base width so you don't have a big gap between your breasts.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Kaufman

David L. Kaufman, MD
Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Proper Implant Selection

+1

Narrow framed women run a high chance of implant malposition if too large an implant is placed.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant volumes yield different cup sizes in differnt women

+1

How large you can go will depend upon what you consider as looking "natural." Believe it or not, this varies.

I would review images in your surgeon's "Before & After" book of women with your type of frame and post-operative look to guide your surgeon. With really thin patients, this can help makes things objective.

It is really a shape you are looking for more than a cup size, right?

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Implant volume estimate

+1

Hi!

Acknowledging your present size and body habitus, consideration of a C cup may be optimistic. Starting with a AA and in someone at 110 pounds, natural augmentation to a larger size can be somehat difficult. Consider a plus profile implant, likely submuscular to minimize the potential for ripples in the thin individual. Generally, for every 150cc or thereabouts, an increase of one cup size is noted. I think in your case, 350cc or even 400cc would be the upper limit of a natural outcome. Hope this helps!

Michael A. Marschall, MD

Probably a C cup

+1

The way I size a patient for implants is by the chest circumfrence and the implant diameter. You have a very small chest, and I would GUESS that in an Inamed (McGhan) implant, I would use ~330 cc or perhaps 360 cc (style 68), for about a C cup. Remember, nothing will substitute for an examination by a qualified plastic surgeon.

Scott E. Kasden, MD