Will my Breast Implants Get Smaller 4 Weeks Post-Op?

I got breast implants 4 weeks ago. I went with 360 ccs, and they look WAY too big. Any chance, will they get smaller?

Time is needed to adjust to new breast implants

+2

We often hear right after augmentation that the breast feels stiff and the implant appears too big. There is a settling in which occurs between the breast and the implant where they work in together and soften and begin to feel as one. We discourage patients from buying bras during this time, usually the first two months. On occasion some who felt they were too large right after come to feel after three to six months that they could have been larger than they thought right at the time.

It pays to be patient as the breast will soften and appear natural and if you worked hard to guide your surgeon with photographs of just what you wanted, the size selected should come around to be close to the look you found best for you.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast implants may settle

+1

New implants generally look full on the top of the breast and a bit unusual. Settling refers to the tendency for the implants to mature to eventually provide more fullness on the bottom aspect of the breast. This can take a few months to occur. As the shape changes women generally adjust to them and are happy. I would see your surgeon and get his or her input but be prepared to wait a little before doing anything.

So to answer your question: they don't get smaller but they do mature to look more natural. There is hope.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

The implants will not get smaller, however...

+1

Your chest tissues no doubt are tight right now and as you heal and time passes your breasts will get softer and take on a more natural appearance. The actual volume of your breasts won't change but the shape will. As usual, discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon for your reassurance.

Dr Edwards

Give it some time to adapt to your new breast size

+1

Many patients have the initial impression that their implants and breasts are too big. Many studies have shown that it takes about 3 months to adapt to a body change. Give it some time, if after 3 - 4 months your impression is that your breasts are too large then you can consider going down to a smaller size. Remember that a change from 360 to 300 cc may be less than 1/2 cup size difference.

Unfortunately not.

+1

Hi.   This is a common complaint.  You do have large implants.  Wait another 3 or 4 months, and then you may well need a replacement.

In NYC, we use disposable implant SIZERS during surgery to determine optimal size, before we open the permanent implants.  This takes the guess work out.

Be Patient

+1

Your observation is very common and comes from several factors.

1. Your breasts are bigger

2. They tend to ride high initially

3. Your body is telling your brain that there is something big in your chest

4. Swelling.

My experience is that swelling is the least coomon cause for feeling too big. As you heal the muscles and skin will relax, the implant will come down and everything will become more and more natural.

Any plastic surgeon will tell you that most patients feel that they could have gone bigger and very few think they are too big.

Give the whole process 3-6 months

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Recovery time is three months

+1

You can not judge the final result for three months. Relax, cover all mirrors in your home and let time pass. It takes a full three months for the swelling to go down and the breast implants to settle. After that, talk to your plastic surgeon regarding size.

Adjustment time

+1

There is both an adjustment time for the tissues to accommodate the implant. Sometimes this makes the implant look small early on since the tissue haven't stretched to allow the implant to expand the breast,but sometimes it makes the breast look too big due to the swelling. Give your surgery plenty of time for the tissues to adjust. In any case, revisions are usally done so sooner than 3-6 monts. In addition, there is an adjustment frm the patient's perceptive and psychoemotional point of view. You have had a dramatic increase in the size of your breast and you might not have adapted yet to your new body. There will be time later to downsize if you still feel the same way. However, I have found that women who come out too big are more unhappy than women who come out too small and long term risks and side effects are greater the bigger you are.

They will likely seem smaller as the swelling goes down

+1

Hello

Hang in there during this initial period. Invariably, swelling takes a couple of months to completely settle down and then you can judge your final size. don't try buying any new bras right now.  Keep your doctor posted and best of luck.

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon