How Can I Achieve a Small C Cup?

I have a 32 A/AA cup size. I am 109lbs., standing at 5'1". The doctor recommended moderate profile plus 275-330 cc Breast implants. Is that about right to achieve a small C cup?

Yes

+1

I must admit that my practice is filled with women your size. I uniformly use 275-300cc moderate profile implants for these women. It's all about proportion so you need to try some sizers on with a sports bra and a typical top and see what looks the best from a front view and a side view. I have patients try on sizers that I know will be both too small and too big. This helps them to understand how they relate to their body.

If you are a little more hippy, with wider shoulders and are younger you may be able to carry the 330's but that depends on how you want to appear to others. I have had patients return up to 5 times before surgery to be sure about the size they were choosing. See the videos on the page below and they could give you an idea about what to look for.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Selecting the right breast implant size

+1

The selection of the appropriate size implant involves a discussion between you and your plastic surgeon. I do not want a patient to tell me that she wants to be a certain breast cup size. Instead I use photographs. I have the patient pick out a breast shape along with their desires for fullness, projection and shape as well as size. By doing it this way you are more likely to have your expectations met and not end up with an implant and breast size that is either much larger or smaller than expected. From your description it seems that your implant selection would be appropriate.

Sounds ball park

+1

The size sounds about right.  You must however have frank communication with your surgeon so that your goals will be met, and you get the result that you want.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Disposable implant SIZERS can be used during surgery to pick best size.

+1

Hi!

275 cc's or more is much too big for your frame. You will be significantly larger than a small C , and your breasts will not age well.

I would guess 200 cc's. But the point is not to guess. In New York, we use disposable implant sizers during surgery to see which is the best size for you, before we open the permanent breast implants. This takes the guess work out, and a sizer costs only $45.

I would also recommend high profile, round, smooth walled, silicone gel implants.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

We cannot promise nor guarantee a bra or cup size

+1

One implant will yield a different bra size in different women, especially when they shop at different stores for their bras. An implant should be shobsen on a dimensional basis, in other words, to match the dimensions of your breast. Try the implants on in a sports bra and view yourself in the mirror. This will give you a fairly good idea of what to expect. Allergan has recently released a sizing kit you can order from Natrelle.com that will allow you to get a basic idea of sizing. Best of luck.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Cup size and cc volume

+1

There is no exact translation between volume cc and cup size. I suggest don't get obsess in bra size or cc measure. Breast tissue measurement is the best guide line to choose breast implant.

The key answer is well communication between your surgeon and you.

M. Ryan Khosravi, MD

Bra size

+1

Cup size does not always match the volume of implant being used.  The implant can be chosen based upon your breast base diameter.  Volume then can be added or subtracted to determine the correct implant for you.  You probably need a slightly smaller implant for your height.

Almost certainly too big

+1

No one can know without examining you, but 330 MPP in someone that is 5'1" and 108lbs??? Whoa...that is big. Do have that, you'd need a breast base width of at least 12cm, and that would be pretty unusual - though not impossible - for someone 5'1".

Here's the answer to your quandry: forget about cup size. It doesn't matter. Do you have more than one bra size in your closet now? You do. An you will after your surgery. There is no standard unit of measure for bra sizes, manufacturers make them to different specifications, and patients are subjective about deciding which one fits them the best.

Just be sure you get an implant that fits your breasts. And then buy whatever bra looks and feels the best.

Steven Teitelbaum, MD