Will 250cc and 275cc Breast Implants Give Me Mid C Cup?

I am getting round and textured breast implants above the muscle. I have chosen 250cc L and 275cc R. I am currently a mid A cup and want to be a mid C. I'm 5'4 and 55 kg. Do you think this implant size will be enough to get me to a C cup, or should I go next size up? Thank you.

Cup sizing with breast implants

+2

As we have reviewed many times on this site, your goal should not be to achieve a specific cup size, but rather a specific "look" given the starting point you have and what your body will allow. That being said, it is possible that you might get into the neighborhood of a small C cup.

It would be better to try on some sizers in a sports bra using a 200 to mimic the 250 and a 225 to mimic the 275 and see what you think about the look. I would also encourage you to reconsider the above the muscle position and the texturing as almost all breast augs are now done under the muscle with smooth walled implants.

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

It is hard to predict final cup sizes without a personal consultation.

+1

It is impossible to give you an accurate answer without a personal consultation.  You should go back to your surgeon and try on different sizes.  Bring in a bra you wish to fit into and see which implants will get you there. 

Mid C cup may be possible for the breast implant size you mentioned

+1

While I am not a huge fan of textured implants or "over the muscle" positioning, I can't tell much on your prospective post-operative size without examining you. The implant you have chosen may be a bit on the small side though.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Size of the implant depends on chest anatomy and desired perception

+1

It is better to communicate the desired size using both visual and measured data. A cup size is quite variable, as many responders have noted. I recommend patient bring a set of photographs to depict: too small. just right, and too big breast photos. I then incorporate that with chest anatomy data to decide what RANGE of implant sizes are possible.

In your case, it will depend on what "c cup" means to you visually. Based on a midsized frame, 275 should be ok. The surgeon can see intra-operatively if larger implant would be possible.

In a "over the muscle" plane, there is slightly higher risk of implant palpability, ripple, etc. It appears intuitive that on oversized implant may have more problems associated with it in the long term. I strongly believe photos will help you decide. Best

Reza Nabavian M.D.

Reza Nabavian, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Implants To Achieve A C-Cup

+1

This is an area that I enjoy educating on because so many women do not get bra sizing. With men's clothing it's based on actual measurements. Women's clothing is so much more abstract. As most women know the more money you spend on clothing the smaller the size you'll wear. There's no difference with bras. Cup size is manufacturer dependent and therefore a C cup is different between brand names.

What's important is not the bra letter but how proportionate the breasts are in relation to the shoulders, waist, hips and buttocks. So don't get hung up on numbers and letters. Try some sizers on determine what looks best for you.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizes.

+1

Hi!

Based on what you say, perhaps you should go one size larger. But the two points are not to guess, and that this should be your surgeon's problem and not yours.

In Manhattan, we use disposable breast implant SIZERS during surgery do see exactly what sizes give you the cup size you want. Then we discard the sizers, and open the correct permanent implants from our inventory. No guess work!

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

I don't think you'll get C cup with this breast implant size

+1

Final breast size depends on what you start with. From your description, I would ay you  need to have 330 cc + to achieve a "C" contour. However, remember that there is no bra industry standard as to what a "C" cup is. Did you try different implants in a bra of the size you want to be?

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD

Mid C cup for breast implants

+1

This is a tough question to decide by the information given. The reality is that you'll need to visit with your ABPS board certified plastic surgeon and then decide what size to go with. Some of us use sizers in the office using a bra under a form fitting shirt that you can then see what size you are headed for.

The other's have mentioned the importance of measuring your body frame dimensions. I use those measurements as well to help guide our choice. The reality is that these implant companies use these measurements as a bit of a marketing ploy to get you to feel like you have the exact implant that was designed to fit your body. It's not really like that. In fact, the two implants you have selected thusfar are probably not the ones that I, or some others on this response list would've recommended. That doesn't mean you have the wrong ones, it just means that there's several that you would look great with.

Fortunately, by your dimensions you sound like an excellent candidate. All you need to do is have a better idea of what size you'll end up being. The A,B,C,D cup system is a ballpark that we use to communicate with patients but if you get the exact same bra back and cup size in a few different brands, you'll see what I mean. Don't rely so much on the cup size but try some implants on and see what look you're going for.

It sounds like you're in the right vicinity since you're a tiny frame. You'll hear from other girls that they went larger and barely got into a C cup. Don't let that confuse you. Those others may have totally different body frames and smaller breasts to begin with.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

In Texas

+1

I agree with the other surgeons. I encourage patients to consider that the diameter is one of the most inportant things in choosing an implant. As such, larger implants tend to have larger diameters, while the projection increases, but not nearly as much.

The long and short of it is that you are at least average height, and and don't say what your current bra size (# of inches). That said, my opinion is that the implants you are choosing are likely not adequate in diameter. I can't really say what letter size you will be. You may want to look at low and high profile implants as well.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD