Recommended Breast Implant Size to Get D Cup?

I am 5'1'' and about 98 lbs. I wear a 34B bra, and want to be a D cup. I have had one child so my breasts aren't as firm as they were before, but not too saggy. How many cc's do you recommend I get? I was thinking between a 380cc and 420cc breast implants.

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Implant Selection Process

+1

The larger the implant, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

"D" cup implants

+1

WIthout an exam it would be difficult to size you for what you desire.  A "D" cup m ay be achievable with that size implant, but all bra companies make their bras differently.

Recommended size to get to a D cup

+1

It is very easy to be confused by this measuring system. Cup sizes are only used as estimates for clothing. Although the measuring technique for determining cup size is precise, the results of these measurements are not. Let me give you an example; weight is a very accurate measurement. However two patients that weigh 120 lbs are not likely to look alike. The same is true with two patients that have C cup breasts. This is why physicians tend to use volume (cubic centimeters or cc) as a more accurate measurement. Note: If you are trying to figure out what breast implant size you want to obtain, you can try the szing tool available through b4bra.com or read the articles about measuring there.

Size is a complex decision that is not only based upon your height, weight and current cup/bra size but ALSO on also on your breast diameter, waist, shoulder, and skin envelope measurements. These can only be assessed in person during a consultation. A good place to start is using my "Find your perfect size" tool listed in the left hand column of my bodysculptor.com home page. Another good place to look is the searchable database section of the physicians' photos on implantinfo.com. Best of luck.

Breast implants and cup size

+1

Hi, as surgeons we cannot give a number of cc's to get you to a specific breast size. It depends on how much breast tissue you're starting with, and the width of your breasts. In addition, my idea of a D/DD may be different from yours, and bra manufacturers do vary in their sizing. For that reason, it may be helpful for you to take in a picture of a size that you have in mind when you have your consultation. Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Breast implant sizes.

+1

Hi!

As Dr Pechter says, this should not be your job! Make sure your surgeon know what you want, and let your surgeon decide what implant size will achieve that look.

And the implants have to fit within the measurements of your breasts. I think 380 cc's is too big for your frame. Maybe 300 cc's.

But I make the final decision during surgery, by putting disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts. So I can see exactly what a particular size looks like on you. Only then, we open the permanent implants. No guess work.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast implant size to achieve a D cup

+1

On your small frame it will take a smaller implant to achieve a D cup. In the range you are considering, I would estimate that is exactly the cup size you would wear. Find some pre and post op photos of people with your build and similar breast shape and size and see what implant size was used to achieve a D cup.

"Trying on" implants in the plastic surgeons office can help give you a lot of confidence in your decision.

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Implant size is hard to predict bra size

+1

It sounds like you are very close in your estimation. Some one of your size will get a quick response from the implants which means that it will not take as large of an implant to get you to a D cup.

If you have a D size bra, try different size implant on and see how much it takes to fill the open space. This will help you show your surgeon what you are thinking in regards to size.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon