Which Breast Implants Size and Profile is the Best for Me? (photo)

5.6 feet; 120 pounds; Narrow, chest wall with visible bones; BWD: 11cm. I´d like to achieve a proportionate look and gain projection without going too big. My PS suggested round mod+ 250cc implants or 250cc (left) and 225cc (right) due to assimetry. I tried the sizers and liked the look but I am not sure they will give me the results I want under the muscle. He did not recommend HP as they ‘d give me a fake look. However, I am not sure neither with these sizes nor with the idea of having different sizes.

Implant Size and Profile Hard to determine by photos alone

+1

I don't think it possible to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require  without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. This is because measurements are needed to determine the implant size that your native base width of your breast will accommodate. Additional critical information is also needed such as if your implants are above or below your muscle and if possible review of photos prior to your first augmentation and your operative note.
I personally order more than one set of implant sizes and use sterile sizers placed inside during surgery to fine tune which implant would work best for you. Software morphing programs can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn't work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts).
My advice is to accept advice from your  board certified plastic surgeon after a formal consultation and examination with measurements.. If still confused don't hesitate to get a second opinion.

Choosing breast implant size and profile

+1

I do not find external sizers at all helpful and I don't use them. I also feel that nearly all breast augmentations with implants should be under the pectoralis muscle for the central and upper part of the breast, particularly in thin patients. 

A "natural look" means the implant fits and looks like a breast without an implant, doesn't give away the presence of the implant (as it would if it were above the muscle), and gets you to a size you feel comfortable with or fits your desired proportions. 

11 cm is a bit narrow for breasts, but the implant diameter has to fit within it if it is to look natural and not distort your breast. You don't get to choose the diameter of the implant, your breast does. In a round implant (for a round breast such as yours) this also determines the height of the implant. Your choice is the forward profile of the implant of the same width that fits your breast. This has confusing naming in silicone gel-filled implants but think of it as low, medium, and high profile. The lowest profile will make your breasts look about one cup size larger, the high profile will make you look two cup sizes larger, and the medium will be in between. It also doesn't look as if you need to put in different volume implants (which also have different diameters) but one notch difference of 25 cc's shouldn't make that much difference. If implants are put in behind your breast that roughly double the size of your breasts, then the difference between them before the augmentation is now reduced by 50 %. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Implant choice

+1

If you are unsure by what was suggested to you, you may want to speak with the doctor or go for another opinion.

Choosing the Best Implant

+1

Beast implant size and profile are closely related. If you were happy with the 250cc sizers, I agree this as it will will probably give you the proportionate look and gain in projection without going too big. A moderate profile implant will still give you the extra projection you want, but won't look too fake. Going to a higher profile implant will give you less cleavage and a more "stuck on"/"bowling ball" appearance (high profile implants are good for women with narrow chests/breasts who want much larger implants). Sounds like you are on track to a very nice, natural and proportional augmentation.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon