Is 280gms for Silicone Implants Enough to Go from Small A to Full C?

I am 35 years old, 5 foot 4 inches, about 55 kg. I have 30-inch chest at inframammary level, presently very small A cup in one breast and AA in the other. I have had 3 pregnancies and when I breastfed, I was at least a D cup. Only very slight droopiness, but not enough to consider lift. Prior to my first pregnancy, I was a small B. My surgeon has recommended 280 gm silicone textured teardrop breast implants. I have heard that one cup size is 150-200gms, so will the 280gm be enough to increase me from small A to full C?

Cup size and implant volume

+1

It is very difficult to figure out exact cup size from the volume of an implant because the bra companies manufacture bras differently.

Is cup size truly accurate?

+1

One of the more difficult things to assess is what a cup size truly means in any one individual. I see so many women in my practice, many who wear the same size bra. If I were to place these women side by side their figures would not necessarily look the same. I believe that there is not a significant degree of consistency from one style bra to another, from one manufacturer of bras to another, and how a woman likes her bra to fit.

That being said, I believe that a surgeon can estimate the likelihood that a certain range of implant sizes can bring you close to what you desire. By using implant sizers during surgery there can be a great degree of accuracy in giving you the look you have asked for. Notice I said look, as opposed to cup size. Many woman believe that asking for a certain cup is going to give them a particular look. In my practice I ask patients to bring in a picture of what they think looks good and believe would make them satisfied. I instruct them not to get locked into thinking just about cup size, rather they should think about what look they want.

Northborough Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and cup sizes

+1

Hi!

1) I would guess a little larger, maybe 325 or 350 cc's, but the key is not to guess in advance. In New York, we use breast implant SIZERS during surgery to actually see the effect of a particular size. Only when we know for sure which size gives you the look you want, the we open the right implants from our inventory.

2) You didn't ask this, but we use round, smooth walled, moderate plus profile breast implants. Textured, teardrop implants can cause rippling, have more problems, and have no advantages.

Implant/Cup Size Relationships

+1

It isn't that simple I'm afraid. Cup sizes change with chest sizes. For example, a 40C is a significantly larger cup size than a 34C. Most plastic surgeons will offer a "fitting session", during which you can become more comfortable with your size selection. In several years of practice, I have very rarely had to change implants to a different size.

Tough to judge silicone implant size

+1

The size of implant needed to increase your current size depends on many factors including the amount of breast tissue that you have available. Without seeing you in person it is difficult to judge. Your surgeon would be the best person to make that call. You say he chose a 280 gm silicone if you mean 280cc implant I would believe that may not be enough to go from a AA to a full C.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.