Breasts Feel Swollen, Painful, and Hot After Augmentation

I had breast implants over 4 years ago and now have severe swelling, heat to the touch, and pain when lifting or laying on my side. Can you tell me what might be going on?

A burning sensation 4 years after breast augmentation calls for an exam.

+1

There are numerous possible explanations for this some of which will require surgery, and others which will not. Seek evaluation by your original surgeon or another plastic surgeon.   Online advice for this issue is not advisable.

Swelling and heat after breast augmentation are not good

+1

Swelling and heat after breast augmentation lead me to thinking you could have an infection going. At 4 years, it is uncommon, but possible. I would head to your surgeon for an evaluation ASAP.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

See your plastic surgeon

+1

Without the benefit of seeing you for an examination I would recommend that you see your plastic surgeon or a board-certified plastic surgeon close by for evaluation. If you have an infection around your implants it will require prompt treatment. Best of luck,

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Difficult to say without an exam...

+1

Hi there-

Without knowing more about the situation, and without an exam, it's difficult to say what might be going on. In any case, however, it sounds like you should pay a visit to your surgeon for an evaluation as soon as possible- one of the things that might be going on is an infection of the implant, which is something that would need to be dealt with right away if it is the cause of your problems.

Only your surgeon would be able to tell, so call them asap.

Good luck.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS