Normal to Feel Breast Implant Rolling Around?

I had Breast Augmentation approximately 2 1/2 weeks ago with high profile, submuscular, 350 cc cohesive gel implants. My left breast is extremely tender and when I move my arms certain ways or do the massage exercises, it almost feels like there is a bubble or the implant is rolling around. Is this normal and will it eventually stop?

Fluid around the implant

+2

It is not uncommon at 2-3 weeks postop to feel some fluid or even hear some fluid around the implant.  This is described by patients in many ways but always is self-limited.  I doubt that your high profile implant has enough room to move around in the pocket.

Implant movement

+1

The feeling that you have with rolling or moving of the implant may be normal at 2-3 weeks after surgery. However, it always better to be examined by your doctor to get a better idea of what is going on.

Implant "movement"

+1

See your surgeon. The internet is no substitute for a godd examuination and evaluation by a board-certified plastic surgeon. This may well be normal, but discuss this with your surgeon. Good luck.

Jack Gelman, MD
Frankfort Plastic Surgeon