Will Rippling Get Worse Overtime?

I had surgery 3 months ago and have just noticed that on my right breast I have rippling. I really don't want to have another surgery. If the rippling stays the way it is I will be okay with it. My question is does rippling get worse with time?

Rippling might get worse over time

+1

Rippling is an uncommon event unless going with larger saline implants or choosing "over the muscle" placement. A switch to silicone gel can make it less noticeable. You are early. I'd wait a good six months before deciding whether or not it is bad enough to warrant more surgery.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Too early to worry about breast implant rippling

+1

Your rippling will be affected by the status of your breast capsule as well as the surrounding breast tissue.It is too early to worry about the wrippling.

When the time comes for exchanging your implant for ay reasons,try to switch to a gel implant ,in addition to other measures that could be done in the pocket around the implant to camouflage the wripples. Best of luck.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

It depends...

+1

If your breast tissue thickness decreases, such as with weight loss or if you have larger implants which can stretch your tissues, the rippling can worsen. On the other hand, you may very well not see any change or worsening.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Sometimes..

+1

Hi there-

Visible implant rippling is usually stable without progression unless affected by capsular contracture, where the scar tissue that your body creates around the implants shrinks over time. In this case, the tightening scar capsule will worsen the rippling as it tightens.

If your rippling is nit driving you to distraction, I would wait until you have need for replacement otherwise, either because of the above, or because the implant ruptures.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS