Cost for Breast Augmentation Revision?

My doctor put 45cc less than what I was told was going to be put in for my breast implants. Now, I feel my breasts are too small. I am wondering, how much does it cost usually for breast revision for going about 70cc larger?

Buyer's remorse with saline breast implants

+2

From your review, it seems that you and your PS didn't communicate well. Every PS has a different policy for implant revisional surgery, which is usually written and reviewed with you, before surgery. For example, in my practice, if a patient requests additional improvement, after 90 days but before 180days, they are responsible for the anesthesia and facility charges. Surgical fees are waived. This has worked well for me, however we size patients a minimum of 2 times before taking them to the O.R. so revisional surgery is rare.

There isn't a national standard and you will have to negotiate this with your PS. I do agree with the other physicians that adding 70cc more saline will probably not result in increasing your cup size. Before you schedule your case, review what has been done and ask what size implant should be used to ensure your desired result. good luck.

Cost of breast implatn revisions surgery

+1

The cost of breast revision is rarely related to size. It is more commonly associated with the amount of time it will take plus the cost of supplies including implants as well as the operating room and anesthesia.

Cost of breast implant revision

+1

As the others have said, you sound like you have a communication issue with your doctor.  Generally you need at least 100 cc's more volume in an implant to notice enough change to be worth going through more surgery. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

70 cc is a pretty small change

+1

45 cc is a really small difference and 70 cc is virtually the same in most implant cases. Most implants are 300 cc or more. Go in and talk with your surgeon nicely and see what the two of you can work out. Wait a good six months after the first operation though to see what your "real look" is once things settle down.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

You most likely won't see a major difference with 70cc

+1

Although there is a small change noted with modest increases in volume I would not think it would be worth another anesthetic to have additional fluid added. It also depends on the overall volume of your implants now. The larger they are now, the less the 70cc addition will make. As far as the costs go, I would discuss that with your plastic surgeon to see what the charges would be.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS