Breast Implants Removed and Bony Hump Shaved Down from my Chest

I am a 30 year old woman from Ireland ,i am under 7 stone and 5" tall.Ihave congenital kyphoscolliosis and i have restricted lungs,30 percent. I have breast implants and want them removed,i also have a bony bump on my chest that is going to be shaved down,my lung dr is very wary of me getting this done because my lungs are so poor,i admit i am very scared getting a general anastetic,could all this be done under twilight?also needs tightening in the area. Could you advise please Thank you

Removal of breast implants and other procedures

+1

I would make sure that all of your doctors are okay with you having this procedure.  You may want them to call one another to discuss the risks and benefits of your surgery before you proceed.

Medical problems

+1

You most certainly need an MD anesthesiologist because you have restrictive lung disease.  This procedure regarding your sternum will need to be discussed with him.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Removing nasal hump and breast bumps

+1

Alhough some nerve blocks have neeb described for this locaiton, they are generally not going to be used by the typical anesthesioloist  In my limited knowledge fo Iam NOt ware of any local options for correction of the sternum.

Breast implant removal and sternal defect

+1

WIthout an exam it is tough to say.  With poor pulmonary function you wouyld definitely need a work-up.  Depending on what needs to be done with your sternum may be the biggest risk.

Medical evaluation is needed

+1

In a situation such as this you are best served by meeting with a qualified board certified plastic surgeon who can speak with your medical doctors about what needs to be done (if anything) and thoroughly review all of your risks and medical issues so that you can make an informed decision about your choices.   Good luck!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon