Breast Implants Removal Under Local Anesthesia - Is It Safe? Any Pain?

I was told by my surgeon that he could remove my silicone implants under straight local. Is this procedures safe, will there be any pain,Recovery, and how long is the procedure? I had silicone 450cc breast implants placed 10 days ago, against my wishes cause I wanted a B. I was a fuller C cup and wanted to reduce my size, but ended up to a DD (against my wishes). I'm a very active person and have hated them ever since.

Breast Implant removal under local anesthesia

+1
Yes, Breast implants can be removed with local anesthesia. The recovery time would be much quicker and easier than your original surgery

Can Breast Implants be Removed under Local Anesthesia ?

+1

Yes, breast implants can be removed under local anesthesia 10 days after breast augmentation surgery.  The wound will not be strong and, therefore, the breast implant removal should be relatively easy.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Breast Implant Removal under Local Anesthesia?

+1

If all that is being done is removal of the implants ( no capsule work)  then they may be safely and comfortably removed under local anesthesia for  a relatively calm patient. I generally individualize the type of anesthesia to be used based on the specific patient's  personality and  situation.

Removing breast implants

+1

As long as you get adequate local anesthesia, you should be fine.  However, if you're really anxious I would recommend twilight sedation for more comfort.  Just make sure you really want them removed and not replaced before making this decision.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Breast implant removal (explantation) under local anesthesia

+1

Your story is as confusing to me as it is to the other physicians but the short answer to your question is: YES, you can undergo simple implant removal under local anesthesia quite easily.  

Breast Reduction or Breast Augmentation?

+1

You may have to resubmit your question because it's not clear why you had implants if you wanted to be smaller.  

But to answer your direct question of whether or not your implants can be removed with just local anesthetic, the answer is yes.  However, it depends in part on your general pain tolerance. Sometimes an oral anxiolytic such as valium in addition to local anesthetic will make the procedure more tolerable. 

Dr. Babak Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Breast implant removal

+1

There is a disconnect here.

You wanted a breast reduction and against your will had a breast augmentation????????????????????????

That is a problem

YOU NEED TO DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT, HOW IT IS DONE WHAT ARE THE EXPECTATIONS AND THE RISKS?????????????????????????????????

Who forced you to have an augment??

Slow down decide what you want and have a lengthy consult with your plastic surgeon.

Implant removal and any surgery is not without risks and complications

Your question , 10 days after augment can one remove the implants under local anesthesia, Answer yes it is doable, BUT can you tolerate it? or are you the type to freakout at the site of the operating room?

Implant Removal Under Local Possible

+1

I agree with Dr. Aldea that your story is very confusing, since you wanted to be smaller, but ended up with implants.  How this happens is unknown, since both you and the surgeon should have been on the same page prior to surgery, and I assume that you signed a consent form stating that you were getting implants, not a breast reduction.   Whatever the reason, it should be easy to remove the implants under local if they have only been in ten days.  It will feel a little odd when they come out, but should not be particulalrly painful at all.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Removal

+1

As the other doctors have mentioned, we are a bit confused with your story, however to answer your question in general terms, breast implants can be removed under local if you are not overly anxious about it.  There will be discomfort involved and pressure.  It just really depends on how "tough" you are, but it can be done.  I would probably opt for general vs local with sedation.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Removing Breast Implants under LOCAL Anesthesia

+1
Your description is somewhat confusing. WHY would ANY breast implants be used to take a pre-existing C cup breasts to B cups? Doing so requires a breast REDUCTION NOT a breast augmentation. Depending on your pain tolerance and breast augmentation incision at only 10 daysafter surgery it should be fairly straight forward to remove your implants even under local anesthesia. Dr. Peter Aldea