Breast Implants Removal with Capsulectomy?

I had 400cc silicone gel put in(dual plane) 8 weeks ago and want to remove them. Went back to the original dr to discuss expant w/capsulectomy and he agreed to do it; however when I asked the dr re how many explant he 'd done in the past, he said few and showed me two pics of explant he performed which doesn't give me enough faith to proceed explant w/ him. Although the dr. said, the explant would be fairly easy, should I look for drs who has breast reconstruction experiences just to be safe?

Breast implant removal

+2

Thank you for your question. Removal of the breast implants is fairly straightforward procedure and definitely much simpler than placing them in. Your surgeon should be able to do that. I am just wondering about why you need capsulectomy when the implant were put in 8 weeks ago. Unless there is a problem with the capsule, capsulectomy is not needed.

Removal of Breast Implants 8 Weeks after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Assuming you are working with a well experieced board-certified plastic surgeon, he should be perfectly capable of removing your breast implants. More than likely capsulectomy is not necessary. Make sure you have can given your situation considerable thought;  removal of breast implants 8 weeks out of surgery is generally very unusual.Best wishes.

+1

Safety is always a concern.  Be sure to schedule your removal with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience in this area.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

+1

Taking implants out is a very straightforward procedure that any plastic surgeon is more than capable of. Capsulectomy is totally unnecessary with 8 week old implants.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Can you have breast implants removed?

+1

You can have implants removed at any time with or without removing the scar surrounding them. This is a relatively simple procedure.

The real question is WHY do you want to have them removed?  After only 8 weeks your breasts have only just begun to soften or settle into the pocket.  

I am concerned that you may be in the process of making a series of decisions about which you are not completely informed or ready for.

Talk with your surgeon about your reasons for implant removal and make sure that they think that is an appropriate choice for you.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants explantation

+1

You need to have confidence with the surgeon you choose. Because things can go wrong, and deformities can occue and further surgery can be needed. You are not going to find a surgeon who just specializes in breast implant explantation. In fact the less the surgeon has of explantation of breast implants the better, it means the surgeon has good communications with his patients.

Breast implant removal

+1

This sounds like a rather complicated situation.   Implant removal is not that difficult and overtime the breasts will shrink back although not exactly to the way they were before surgery.  There will of course be scars left from the incisions made to place the implants.  In most cases of staight forward implant removal  a full capsulectomy is not done unless the implants are broken.  Over time most of the capsule will be absorbed or go away.  Here is the complicated part - I would like to understand better why you want these removed -    I think you and your surgeon need to have a discussion about what you want changed -  is it the size or the position of the implants?   before you embark on another big surgery make sure you and your surgeon are on the same page and you have fully explored your options.

Susan E. Downey, MD

Importance of a Doctor's Explantation Experience

+1

Explantation of implants is one of the more simple procedures we perform. Something much less challenging than the original surgery. The reason the photos may not have been impressive is that you are seeing the consequences of skin stretch and lack of volume. Something you should consider before you proceed. No surgeon can control the outcome of an explant unless you undergo a simultaneous lift.

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Removal of implants

+1

In general removing implants is quite simple especially if you just had them done.  i am not sure why you want them removed.