Will Breasts Sag with Pregnancy After Implants?

I have a 6-year-old child and I got breast implants after she was born, after my breasts were already deformed. I am now wondering, now that I am pregnant again, will my breasts deform on top like that again? Will the implants prevent sagging after pregancy or not?

Pregnancy after Breast Implants

+1

The shape of your breasts with implants may change after the pregnancy. As you know, breast feeding makes the breasts larger. Depending on how much larger your breasts become from the pregnancy, the skin may stretch. It will shrink to some degree afterwards, but perhaps not to the same shape as before the pregnancy. You may elect to have a breast lift after the pregnancy if the resultant sagging is more than you would like.

Implanted breasts can change with pregnancy.

+1

Implanted breasts can change with pregnancy. These changes vary from unattractive to improved. Some women actually like a mild degree of sag that pregnancy can provide (as long as it is not too much.) They argue that things look more natural afterward. Other ladies may be unhappy if they get more sag than they would like.

The changes a given woman will have are individual. Just go through the process and re-evaluate things a few months after you have delivered.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Yes, augmented breasts can develop sagging after pregnancy

+1

Sagging of your breast is dependent on several factors including size of the breasts, skin quality, length of time nursing, etc.

It also frequently depends on the location of the implants, surface texture and the relative proportions of breast tissue to implant volume.

Implants that are placed above the muscle tend to droop with the breast tissue. In the most severe cases you can develop the "rock in the sock" deformity.

Implants that are placed below the muscle or textured surface implants tend to develop more support. When the breasts sag, the tissue falls over the implant which can remain relatively higher. In the most severe cases, you can develop a "double bubble" or "Snoopy" deformity.

Textured surface implants in very small breasted women may slightly diminish the tendency to sag but this is not the primary indication for their use.

Either condition may require different solutions varying from soft tissue management of the breast tissue or repositioning of the breast implant.