Don't Feel my Implants Are Large Enough. Fuller when Settled?

I just had my breast augmentation 2 1/2 weeks ago. I was a 32A or smaller post-op I wanted to be at least a small D when all was said and done. I got 450cc filled to 475cc, under the muscle. The top of my breast looks very full however it looks like I have half boobs,the tops are the fullest. I have heard that since going under the muscle the implant is constricted and will take longer to adjust and relax in the pocket. Is this true, will my breast look fuller and protrude more when, settled?

Breast implant will drop eventually.

+3

Your implants will drop and you will see the final result after about 3 months. They are still pretty high. When they drop, the breasts will look fuller and a bit larger.

Your breast is overstretched and can not go bigger

+2

You have very tight skin and your implants are too big for your breast .Your picture shows too much fullness over the top and that is due to too big a implant. You still have swelling and your breast tissue will relax  a bit, but do not ask your surgeon for bigger implants. The problem with over stretching the breast tissue is thinning of the breast tissue, rippling, and early rotation of the implant to the arm pit.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants too small

+1
You will see many changes in your breasts over the next 3-4 months.  The swelling at the top of the breast (superior pole swelling) will subside over this time.  The implants themselves will begin to settle into place and your breasts will begin to look more normal.  Patients become very anxious about what their breasts will look like after recovery and rightfully so.  The bottom line is that you need to give yourself time to heal and recover. Swelling is normal with all surgery.  I tell my patients they will not see their final result for at least 3-4 months after their breast implant procedure.

Christopher J. Morea, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant settling

+1

Saline implants cause a very minimal capsule around them in most cases and allow for good settling after 3 months.  You will look much better then so be patient.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

2 weeks post breast augmentation

+1

It is way too early to worry about the position. Yes, the muscle will probaly relax and the implant will drop some more.

You are whole not half.

+1

Your breasts will settle and have more fullness below the nipple but in turn you will loose some fullness above the nipple.  You have good size implants placed going with larger implants has a down side of stretching your tissue too much over time!

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Large breast implants

+1

For your breast and chest wall size, 450cc filled 475cc implants are very large implants. The time it will take for your body to adjust to these implants will be longer than if you had smaller implants placed. Over the next several weeks to months, you are likely to see the implants "drop" as the tissues stretch. Massaging of the implants will help with this process and may reduce the risk of capsular contracture with your implants. After your swelling has resolved and the implants have settled, they will not look "larger" but may look more natural. However, be aware that with implants this large, rippling and thinning of the breast tissue at the bottom of your breast will may be an issue in the years to come.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast size after augmentation

+1

The shape and appearance of your breasts after breast augmentation changes somewhat during the first few weeks after surgery. When the implants are placed under the pectoralis muscle, the tendency is for them to look higher on the chest wall at first, and then to settle inferiorly into the pocket. However, the breasts usually do not look bigger once the healing is complete.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD