Do my Breast Implants Need Replacing?

I have had my implants for 5 years now. Recently, the right one started really itching and I thought nothing of it, but it has now started to hurt. It hurts mostly in the area from under my nipple to my chest and is getting progressively worse. What could this be? I am concerned that I might have a leak or something. Any advice? Thank you.

Clinical exam and follow up is needed

+1

A clinical exam by your plastic surgeon could reveal the problem. He might need to order an imaging study to confirm his diagnosis. In any case, I would schedule a follow up appointment. Hope that helps.

See your plastic surgeon

+1

It is hard to tell what is causing your symptoms. It will be best to see your plastic surgeon who can examine you to look for evidence of deflation.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Replacement

+1

If you are having new symptoms you should see your plastic surgeon for an evaluation. If you have silicone implants a rupture is possible and best evaluated by MRI. The study also provides detailed information about the breast tissue making sure breast disease is not causing your symptoms.

Michael Baroody, MD
Danbury Plastic Surgeon