Best Natural Looking Breast Implants Surgeon in NYC?

In NYC, who is the best plastic surgeon for natural-looking Breast Augmentation surgery?

Finding the best breast augmentation plastic surgeon

+6
The Best Breast Augmentation Surgeon
Finding the best surgeon for a natural looking result from breast augmentation
When considering breast augmentation surgery, I believe that the most important question for a prospective patient to ask themselves is this: Am I seeking a natural-appearing result? If the answer is yes, then seek out a surgeon who has the same aesthetic sensibility that you have (and appropriate training and experience). And insist on seeing `before and after' photos. A lot of them.
I have never understood the desire on the part of patients or physicians (especially physicians) to create unnaturally large breasts. I see 'before and after' photos at plastic surgery meetings and I almost always find myself asking the question: What's the `big' idea?
I view breast augmentation as more than a breast enhancement surgery. It is a total body contouring surgery, and the breast profile that one creates with implants should match a patient's overall figure. It should appear completely plausible that the breasts have not been surgically enhanced. I want for my patient's appearance to make others think "Wow - what a great figure", not "I wonder who her plastic surgeon is".
Over and over I hear patients remark, after reviewing some of our `before and after' photos, that they had no idea that a breast augmentation could look so natural. It can, and in my opinion it should. Having practiced plastic surgery in the 'breast augmentation capital of the world' (Los Angeles), and having performed hundreds of breast augmentations in North Carolina for patients who are seeking a breast enhancement that looks like it actually is a natural part of their body, I have developed some fairly strong opinions about this operation.
it is important to discuss the following with your plastic surgeon
Cohesive silicone gel vs. saline breast implants
How many cc's? - deciding on implant volume
Incision locations
Subpectoral vs prepectoral implant position
Attention to detail in breast augmentation
Breast augmentation after pregnancy
Special considerations: asymmetry, tuberous/constricted breasts, etc
Recovery and downtime
Avoiding capsular contracture
Revisional breast augmentation surgery
Of course select a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and perhaps a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Viewing many photographs can also help you to determine whether or not a plastic surgeon shares your aesthetic sensibility

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Best surgeon in NYC for natural looking breasts

+3

Fortunately, there is no one best surgeon. There are a lot of good surgeons. In order for you to distinguish who is one of the good ones, keep in mind the following: Patients usually have natural looking results when the implant is a size that is in proportion to their body. Thus, measurements of your chest and breast width are important. If your surgeon does not base the implant choice on measurements, in my opinion this is not ideal.

For a given breast width, there are a range of sizes with this width. This is where conversation and discussing goals is helpful. Working with your surgeon you can choose the right "size" for you. It is helpful to try on sizes in the office, with different types of tops.

Third, communication is key. You must feel comfortable with your surgeon and his/her staff. Do they answer all your questions in a friendly and complete manner? Do you feel rushed?

These things are all very important. Your surgeon should meet these criteria and also be board certified. Remember that proportion is the key to natural. Hope this helps.

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Finding the best surgeon for Breast Augmentation in NYC

+1
There are many good surgeons in NYC who get excellent results. You should have no trouble finding one. Remember though, you are asking for "the best", so the prices will not be the cheapest. You will need to be willing to spend $9000-$11,000 for your surgery. Find a surgeon with excellent reviews. Realself can help in your search, so look for someone with over 100 great reviews.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Natural Looking Breast Implants Surgeon in NYC

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting point to find a list of qualified surgeons in your area. Dr. Luis Cenedese and Dr. Matthew Schulman are two possibilities.  Consult with 2 - 3 surgeons in your area and find the one who best meets your needs.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Best NYC breast surgeon

+1

There is no one best breast surgeon in NYC. There are numerous good surgeons to choose from. Look at their credentials first to see if they are board certified in plastic surgery. Check out their work, and consider the staff and doctor on their ability to answer your questions and to be available to you for pre and post-op care.

Natural looking breasts and plastic surgeons skills when performing breast augmentation with implants

+1

The results of a natural looking breast augmentation surgery are not entirely determined by the skills of the surgeon, although that is important. This also depends on the requests of the patient. For example, if a patient requests DD cup breasts and begins with an A cup (yes, that does happen), it is unlikely that they will ever look natural no matter what the skills of the surgeon.

ASPS certified Plastic Surgeon is the best place to start

+1

There are many very good plastic surgeons in New York. It is important to go to someone who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Who ever you go to, ask to see their pre and post op photos.

Hope this helps.

Andrew Y. Kleinman, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Picking a good plastic surgeon.

+1

Hi.

1)  I wrote an article for RealSelf on suggestions for picking a cosmetic surgeon, and another article on breast implants.  You can look at them in my profile.

2)  The link below may be useful.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Best Plastic Surgeon

+1

This is not specific to your question but here is what you need to do.

1. Find the plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

2. Of those choose those who are members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery

3. Of those, choose those who may be specialists in breast surgery

4. See several of them and ask to see before and after pictures, Make sure that you show them pictures of what you would like to look like so they can have an idea as to what you have in you mind. Ask to talk to one or two of their patients.

Doing all of this should get you as close as possible to the "best" ones. Just also remember, a plastic surgeon has limitations including how the patient starts out and the limitations of the implants themselves.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

There never is one best breast augmentation surgeon

+1

Seek out more than one consultation, check our web pages, look at doctors' before and after photos, and be comfortable with the surgeon you choose. As I have said before, who you use is an individual choice and there is never - only "one best."

William B. Rosenblatt, MD