Breast Implants Under Muscle Silicone, Different Sizes (4 Months Post Op)(335cc) Scars Low, not Filling Ontop? (photo)

breast are not fulling ontop i'm ment to be a full c to d but doesnt really feel like it i did ask my ps for full round shape but natural the same time, i also feel like the scars r too low, also 1 looks bigger then the other! also if she knew at the beggining my boobs were not same size b4 why couldnt she put diff sizes to equal the sizing of my breast?i no i had lil tissue to begin(flat) with but i thought ill end up full round shape like alot of girls do.. is it cause i was too flat b4?

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+2

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you a precise answer as to why your plastic surgeon  chose the breast implant sizes that she chose.

Based on your photographs, I think that at least part of the reason why you are experiencing the breast asymmetry is related to asymmetry of the breast implant positioning on your chest wall. For example, the right breast implant appears to be sitting higher on your chest wall compared to the left side. This situation also explains why the right breast inframammmary scar is more visible than the left.

I think that your best option is to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to advise you after direct physical examination.

Concerns after an augmentation

+1

can certainly occur and you certainly have valid ones.  Have you discussed this with your surgeon?  What strategies has she implemented?  And just in case, what is her revision policy as it is possibly you may need one.  Ideally you should resolve this with your surgeon and give her a chance to 'do you right'...  but from your photos, and if you were my patient, I would be having you do a lot of massaging and strap use.

Curtis Wong, MD

Asymmetry at 4 months

+1

It would be helpful to know if the implant on the right is firm--if so, this is a capsular contracture and that would explain the findings. Another possibility is that the implant on that side has failed to drop and is malpositioned because of that. 

The left side looks pretty good, the right side implant is high at too lateral. 

At this stage, unless there is a capsular contracture that responds to non-operative treatment, you will probably need a revision procedure to get a more even outcome. It may be that you need a slightly smaller implant on the right side, unless you wish to be larger. 

Discuss the options with your surgeon. All the best. 

Breast Implants Under Muscle Silicone, Different Sizes (4 Months Post Op)(335cc) Scars Low, not Filling Ontop?

+1

Sorry for these issues. Especially a poorly planned surgery, poor choice of a to small size of implant, and no attention to your anatomic details. You will need a revision. 

Breasts are asymmetrical after augmentation

+1

Your breast appear to be asymmetrical 4 months after the augmentation.  I am assuming you are right handed.  You appear to have developed more scar on the lower pole of the right breast which has pushed the right implant up and making your inframammary incision more visible.  I find that if you want the breasts to heal the same you need to use the arms the same after surgery.  Over use of one arm such as your dominant side increases the chance for injury or tears in the capsule.  If this happens sometimes blood may pool in the implant pocket and where blood pools scars will result.  Blood often pools inferiorly causing the implant to become pushed upwards.  This will not improve much with time and usually will require a capsulectomy to correct. 

Regarding your size usually 335 cc will only be about a medium C for most women.  If you wanted a full C I would estimate around 400 to 450 cc is the volume I would have selected.  The use of implant sizing such as the Mentor volume sizing kit or computer imaging will help in getting the size right.  What is just right for you is your perception of what a Full C to D is. 

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Differing Fullness after Breast Implants

+1

Your breasts had some asymmetry before surgery, which remains to some extent after breast augmentation.  The sizes of the breasts are very similar, but the left could probably take another 50 cc.  In the absence of capsular contracture, pocket revisions with larger implants may improve the symmetry, increase the fullness, and help with the scar position.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA