Breast Implant Moves Around in Pocket During Exercise

I have had my impants for two years and recently when I do cardio I feel like my right implant is moving around the pocket. I went from an A to a C (395 cc). Should I just wear 2 sports bras?

Breast implant moving

+2

This was a common problem in the past because the thinking was that the pocket the implant had to be placed in needed to allow the implant to move.  Currently the pocket is dissected to fit the desired implant that has been decided on preoperatively in the consultation with the patient.  The 395 implant is large enough that you could be experiencing issues secondary to that.  Before and after photos can be helpful in further evaluating the result.

+1
There should be some movement of the breast implant in the pocket. However, if it is bothersome, consult with your surgeon as he or she knows the specifics of the surgery and you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

+1

This is not necessarily a bad thing, However, it may be indicative of overall laxity of the breast skin envelope.

Implant movement

+1

There should be some implant movement in the pocket.  If you feel it is too much you should discuss this with your doctor.

Normal Implant Movement in Breast Pockets

+1

Normally, there is some movement of the implants in their pockets. After surgery, a smooth scar lines the pocket (capsule) which both holds the implant and enables the movement. If the pocket was over-dissected either by your surgeon OR by you spending a lot of time without breast support the pockets will become larger inferiorly, resulting in sagging and sideways, allowing the implants to fall sideways. I would recommend you DO increase your level of support when engaging in vigorous running and other athletic activity.