Post-op Breast Implants - When Can I Go to Pole Dancing Class?

hi i had breast implants 3 months ago over the muscle. can i go pole dancing class yet? I went to one class did not do lots on the pole is this bad for me?

+1
Timing to return to specific types of exercise/activity will vary from one patient to another. Best to check with your plastic surgeon for specific advice. Remember, that he/she knows exactly what procedure was performed, how you are progressing, and is also responsible for your care.

Generally, I suggest patients gradually ease back into the strenuous aerobic exercise 4 to 6 weeks postoperatively, assuming that they are doing well and there have been no complications.  Teaching/supervising,  depending on how much upper extremity involvement there is can be resumed sooner. Lower body exercise can generally be resumed 2 weeks postoperatively.  Use common sense, listen to your body, and gradually resume previous activity. In my practice, I ask patients to avoid contact and strenuous exercise involving the  pectoralis major muscles ( such as push-ups, bench press,   burpees,  dancing on a pole…) for at least 3-6 months.  Best wishes.

Talk to your surgeon about pole dancing classes.

+1

Ask your PS when you can regain all regular sports and activities just to make sure.  3 months sounds very reasonable.

Pole dancing after surgery

+1

Dancing on the pole or for that matter any exertional exercise can usually be started 6-8 weeks after surgery in the majority of patients.

No restrictions after 6 weeks

+1

At 3 months out from surgery you should be fine to resume all activity you were doing prior to your augmentation. In general, 4-6 weeks is my recommendation for activity restriction.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Full Activity OK After 6 Weeks

+1

You should have no problem going back to pole dancing after 3 months of healing.  I generally tell patients after 4-6 weeks, they can be back to doing anything that they were doing before the surgery and not hurt anything.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon