Breast Implants or Mastopexy to Lift Areola?

I've always disliked how low my areola on my breast. However, my actual breasts are not sagging, which makes me wonder if Breast implants would provide enough of a pseudo lift to raise my areola around 2 cm or so (in addition to rounding them out).

I'm really reluctant to have scars on my breast--while I've seen terrific results, I've also seen terrible ones. If you recommend implants, which kinds?

If you recommend Mastopexy, what kind of scarring is average? Ideally I would like my breasts to look "sexy" as opposed to the "cute" look I am currently working with. Thanks!

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Breast Implants or Breast Lift

+1

Okay we can all admit that we need better pictures but they're not bad. With that said I see some things the others are not talking about. First, I can see some constriction in the base of the left breast and a more tubular or "snoopy nose" appearance. The right breast is not constricted and has the normal breast fullness.

In a typical tubular breast the breast tissue is herniated into the areola creating a larger areola. Your "deformity" is confined to the breast only and not the areola so not a true tubular deformity. So if you want a home-run result here is what needs to be done.

First, you'll need small implants. Low profile 225-250cc saline will do well. Saline is necessary and I'll tell you why. The left breast needs to have the base widened and radial cuts in the breast to allow it to open up. This will effectively reduce the breast size. Therefore the amount of saline in the right implant will be less than the left.

Next, there's no way on God's green Earth you're going to get the lift you need with implants. If implants are placed in the subglandular position a very small lift of 1cm or less is possible. But today we place the implants under the muscle to reduce capsular contracture so you won't get the lift. The lift can be done with incisions around the areola which heal very well if done correctly.

A full understanding of your anatomy is essential to getting a great result.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Breast IMplants can improve Nipple Areola postion hold off on lift

+3

While I agree that Breast Augmentation with a Breast Implant cannot "lift" the Breast, a well placed Implant can certainly improve your Nipple Areola position.

You can definitely benefit from increased fullness in the inferior pole of your Breast. An experienced surgeon can postition an Implant to achieve this for you. By increasing the fullness in the portion of your Breast below the Nipple Aerola, the Nipple Areola is pushed forward and up.

I believe you can avoid the scars of a Dermal Mastopexy or Breast Lift.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/

Implants won't lift your breasts

+3

As Dr.s Placik and Aldea have said, you would not get the lift you want from an implant alone. A periareolar lift would help with a very acceptable scar just around the areolar border. Most all the time this is complimented by an implant but in your case you might be okay without one. I have many photos of these on my web site.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsugery.com

Try breast implants first then possibly Benelli lift

+2

Your issue is you need an in person examination by 3 board certified plastic surgeons. At the office visit more photos can be done or computer imaging, measurements, and then a DETAILED discussion of your options.

Over the internet with just OK photos, I would recommend (again this is a non examined recommendation) just a 250 cc implant NO lifting YET!

If after 3 months you still desire some more elevation than under local anesthesia I would do a "donut" or Benilli lift. Yes, I know this would possibly be 2 operations (one major - the implants, the other minor - the lift) but this gives you the opportunity to see the progression of the appearance of the surgery during healing.

Otherwise, the majority of the expert posters seem to agree - "SEE Boarded Surgeons"!

Breast implants or mastopexy for low nipples

+2

I would agree with many of the other doctors and recommend either nothing, or a periareolar lift given your slightly low nipples. If you wanted a larger volume, an implant would be required. It appears as though your lower pole is slightly tight as well.

Cecause you currently have no scars on your breasts, having a new scar is a tradeoff that you will want to weight with your surgeon.

I do not believe that an implant alone will result in your best appearance.

Breast implants vs. mastopexy to lift areolae

+2

"Sexy "and "cute " are not terms found in the plastic surgery literature, rather we are trained to achieve balence, equilibrium, and harmony amongst parts (of the body). When that is achieved, by definition, there is beauty, and in my estimation you fullfil these criteria.

As plastic surgeons we also learn that "if something isn't broken don't fix it' and "the enemy of the good is the perfect"

Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants or Mastopexy to Lift Areola

+1

In reviewing your photos I think a small mastopexy moving the nipple areolar complex up would help the overall appearance of your breasts.  If you would like to be larger then you could also have a small implant inserted.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

+1

I think a small periareolar lift would be appropriate to help round out your breasts.  I would not do implants alone but a small implant with the periareolar lift is appropriate if a larger size is desired.

Web reference: http://www.drvitenas.com/breast-lift.html

Implants alone do not raise nipples or areolae

+1

Unfortunately breast implants do not raise the nipples.  Many women think they do, even some plastic surgeons.  It's a common fallacy that implants take up the slack and move the nipples up.  But I've done the measurements.  So if you want your nipples/areolae elevated, you need a lift.  Breast implants also stretch the areolae and make them wider, which you might not want.

The best type of lift is the vertical type with a lollipop scar.  This technique reliably elevates the breast while keeping scars to a minimum.  In your case, it would also make the areola a little smaller, which might be nice.  I've attached a link to my website in case you wish to look at some examples.  You are right.  There are some scary looking breast lifts out there, so you need to be careful in selecting your surgeon and the technique.

Web reference: http://www.swansoncenter.com/content/ideal-breast/procedures/breast-lift/patient-photographs.asp

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Implants or Mastopexy to "Lift" Areola

+1

As others have stated, an implant does little to truly "lift" your areola. However, the position of your nipple and areola are not so low that one would normally consider doing a lift on you. A periareolar lift could give you a modest lift but it comes at the expense of scars which are not always all that acceptable. In additiion, the periareolar lift tends to flatten your breast somewhat and I am not sure if that is something you want to do.

It may be that what bothers you, is not so much the apparent lower position of your areola, as it is the lack of fullness in the lower portion of your breast, resulting in the "cute" look. An implant alone with some expansion of the lower pole of your breast would make your breast look more full and "sexy", and your nipple and areola would appear lifted, although in reality it doesn't move up much. You would also avoid the scar around your areola, which no matter how good the scar, most often is not sexy.

Federal Way Plastic Surgeon