Low Profile Vs Moderate Profile for Breast Implants?

I am getting a breast augmentation on July 17. I am extremely nervous about how my final results. I am a 32A right now, and I only want to end up a B cup. I chose the 185 in silicone. My surgeon told me I should go with the moderate profile implant between 185 cc and 290 cc due to my chest measurement. I am worried because I have been reading about low profile implants looking more natural, and that is what I really want. I do not want a big projection. Should I call and ask him to order some low profile implants?

Profile of Implants

+2
I would discuss this further with your plastic surgeon.  You are correct that lower profile implants do look a bit more natural and have a more smooth curve to them.  I would discuss this with your PS and explain to him or her your concerns and see what he or she has to say.
Good luck.

Implant projection depends on your breast tissue

+1

Choosing the implant with the proper amount of projection depends upon the amount and the quality of your breast tissue. The ability of your breast tissue to stretch to accomodate the larger implant will determine which projection is right for you.

As in any situation, if you are unsure, PLEASE speak to your surgeon about this before the operation.

Good luck!

Jeffrey Horowitz, MD
Bel Air Plastic Surgeon