Breasts Low After Implants - Should I Have Had a Lift?

my breasts still look very low after augmentation i was advised i did not need an uplift just low profile larger implants top fill out loose skin i am happy with size and shape but not position of them should i have a lift now or even could i have one now with same implants in.

Breast lift?

+2

From the one photo, the implants seem to be okay in relation to the nipple but the breasts are low on the chest, and thay may be natural for you. More photos and an exdam would be helpful.

+2

It appears that your nipples are centered on the implant currently. Attempting to shift the entire implant upwards on the chest is easier said than done and I would not advise this.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Breast Lift and Augmentation Do they work together?

+1

Breast augmentation and breast lift can work together quite well, depending on the choices made prior to surgery.

In the case submitted, an accurate answer is most difficult to consider without viewing the preoperative photos and reading the history and physical. At present the breasts appear to be attractive but the position, without further and better, views cannot be determined with any assurity.

Are breasts too low - no

+1

Sorme women have a low take off of the breasts with fullness at or below the breast line.  I would do nothing here as this is a good result and appears like the surgeon made the right decision and now you have natural adolescent dense breasts.  You will trade the level of the breasts for a scar. With the implants in place at this size, you can expect some widening of the scars with a lift, 18% of the time.  

Not all breasts should be stuck way up on the chest.  A lift can be done at 6 months but I would careful reconsider this. Each of us looks at breast aesthetics a bit differently.  Often the costs of a lift do mitigate dual surgery.  A dual plane augmentation is done for the borderline lift candidate who does not want the chance of additional scars and added costs.

Result of breast implants without a lift

+1

The angle of this photo isn't perfect but from what I can see, your breasts are quite low on your chest wall and pretty heavy looking down there.  Maybe your natural breasts were low to start with?  Big implants over time will give you an increasingly matronly look.  A smaller implant with a lift might have been better.  You can always leave the current implants alone and have a lift done over them. 

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsugery.com

Lifting the Fallen - Lifting Augmented Breasts

+1

It is a widespread, perennial often economically driven mistake by complacent surgeons wishing to spare women a breast lift scar to instead attempt and lift sagging breasts through the use of large implants. It NEVER works long term.

If large full breasts were THE answer to gravity and aging none of the centerfolds and pin up girls of by gone days would ever need our services and Breast lifts would have been a forgotten operation. But all you need to do is quietly observe women at the beach to realize that
1. Bigger is NOT always better and,
2. Gravity ALWAYS wins.

In your case, you CAN undergo a subsequent Breast Lift procedure without disturbing your current breast implants. But - bear in mind that gravity always wins and that the larger the breasts/implants being lifted, the shorter the lifetime of the breast lift.

Breast Lift after Augmentation

+1

To me it appears that you have a very nice, normal appearing, result. However, if you fell that you would like a higher placed nipple, that certainly is feasible. A mastopexy or breast lift is basically a skin operation and can be performed without disturbing your breast implants.

Breast Lift

+1

First of all, I think that your breasts look very good currently, but I see what you are concerned about.  Certainly you could have a lift at any point and keep the existing implants.  If you just go with larger implants, the breasts will be larger, but they will still sit in the lower position that you are not comfortable with right now.  I would discuss a lift with your surgeon instead of changing implants at this point.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift works after breast implants.

+1

Hi.

It looks like you could use a breast lift from the one picture. Breast lift can be done without disturbing the breast implants. You probably just need a lift with a circular scar around your nipples only.