Breasts Look Fake After Augmentation

I had my breast augmentation performed two years ago. I wanted the moderate plus silicone implant, but my surgeon convinced me into getting full profiles. I told him that I DID NOT want to have fake looking breasts. I made it clear to him that I wanted natural, tear drop-looking breasts.

After my surgery, my nipples pointed down. The surgeon said it was "normal" and that my breasts we're just swollen and that It'd get better. He made the implant fuller on the top instead of the bottom, my side profile looks like a triangle. A couple months later, it still remained the same. He later tells me that he incorrectly placed the implant on my chest. He said he put my implants too low.

What are my options? What can I do? Why do my breasts look this way? What does it mean when he placed the implant too low? I'd really appreciate any type of help or advice. This was my first surgery and I'm looking for a surgeon to help me correct this problem. I'm so sad, I don't know what to do. Thank You.

Ptosis is a difficult condition to manage

+1

It is very difficult to know what to do without an examination.

Breast ptosis is the medical term for sagging. There are many different ways to classify ptosis although most base their definitions on the position of the nipple on the breast gland. Others refer to the position of the breast gland on the chest wall.

In either case, it is important to evaluate both.

Are your nipples too low or your breast gland too low?

This needs to be determined and then the proper decision to raise your nipples or raise your implants can be made.

It sounds as if you lost confidence in your surgeon but you may want to listen to what he/she has to offer.

Revision breast surgery

+1

If your nipples are too low and your implants are placed lower on your chest, it sounds as though you may have needed a breast lift from the outset. I don't have the benefit of having seen you before surgery as your plastic surgeon did so I shouldn't second guess them. If your implants are too low, the best way to correct that is to repair the inside of the implant pocket with sutures. For lower set nipples, a breast lift is usually indicated. Best of luck.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS