Breast Implants and Liposculpture for a 23 Year Old?

I want to know if its ok for a 23 year old to get Breast implants and Liposculpture?

1986 was a very good year

+2

Dear 1986,

Many, many young woman your age undergo breast augmentation and liposuction procedures. Your body has, at this point, fully matured, however, you must be sure that your emotions have as well. Surgery should not be taken lightly, so research it well and find a board certified plastic surgeon that you feel comfortable with before you proceed. Good luck!

Yes, if you're emotionally ready

+2

Those procedures are fine for a healthy 23 year old as long as your expectations are realistic and you have an understanding of the commitment needed for the healing process. Make sure that you understand the nature of your surgery, the recovery process, and that you feel comfortable and emotionally ready to make these changes to your body.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

One more thing....

+2

My colleagues are right but there is one more thing that you may be asking about. That is, can I have silicone implants? The answer is yes. The FDA requires that any woman over the age for 22 may have silicone gel implants for a strictly cosmetic augmentation.

Leslie H. Stevens, MD

Yes it is perfectly fine

+2

Hello

If your question is about safety, I think you can have both breast augmentation and liposculpture at the same time as long as the operative time stays below 4 hours or so. Make sure you have a board-certified physician anesthesiologist in addition to a board-certified surgeon. The operating facility should also be certified by a national agency.

Your body will change if you ever get pregnant. As long as you are not planning a pregnancy in the near future, you can go ahead. Best of luck.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Age is not important, maturity is.

+2

If you have the proper problems to correct, the maturity to deal with surgery, healing and change and can afford the procedure than I see no reason you could not undergo breast implants and liposuction.

There is no procedure called Liposculpture -- it is designed as a term for advertising and to make some plastic surgeons feel good about what they do. Liposuction =Liposculpture.

Make sure you see a Plastic Surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Techincally, it's okay as long as you're healthy

+1

Hi ,

Yes, it is ok as long as your board certified plastic surgeon thinks you are a good candidate. Technically, as long as you are healthy, relatively fit, have skin that is firm and elastic, have good muscle tone and are within 30% of your ideal body weight, liposcuplture can be considered safe and effective.

The same goes for breast implants. As long as you are relatively healthy, have skin that is not too saggy (if so, a breast lift may be necessary as well), are not planning to lose a large amount of weight or become pregnant any time soon, implants are also ok. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine what is realistic for you. Also, make sure that you are educated about the procedures, outcomes, risks, etc. As long as this is a decision that you have thought about and feel completely comfortable with, the procedures are usually safe to get at your age.

I am a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in several cosmetic procedures. I am a proud member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS). I am board certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is also an active member of the American College of Surgeons.

We believe that each patient needs to be treated as an individual and we focus on listening. Obviously, I would need to examine you and help you to decide which surgical or non-surgical options are available in your particular case.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call us at 847.696.9900 for a private consultation. We would also be happy to mail you some additional information and brochures. In case you have not done so yet, please check out our website at www.prplastic.com for a wealth of additional information as well as a lot of before and after pictures.

Thanks for your question. Have a great day!

Sam Speron, MD

Yes

+1

Having said this we must realize that every patient is different and should be evaluated for candidacy. You may be a great candidate for breast augmentation but not for liposuction or visa versa. Only at a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon can you find out what your options are.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS