I Have Never Had Breast Implants but It Looks Like I Have Symmastia. How Can I Fix It?

I am 18 years old and for as long as I can remember my breasts have come together in sort of a "uniboob" way. I was looking up simmaliar issues on the Internet and I found symmastia. If I understand it right it's when the implant moves. I have never had a breast implant or anything done to my breasts. They are all natural, but it looks like I have symmastia. Is there a way to fix this without surgery? And if surgery is needed about how much will it cost?

Congenital Symmastia?

+2

Unfortunately, without direct examination or viewing pictures it is difficult to give you precise advice.  I have found that treatment of congenital semester can be challenging. Sometimes patients with “congenital” symmastia  benefit from liposuction surgery of the area between the breasts ( over the sternum);  whether or not you are a candidate for this procedure will depend on your physical examination. There is no “nonsurgical" modality to improve the situation.

You may find in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to be helpful to you.

Treatment of Symmastia

+1

Hello. Without any pictures it is difficult to tell whether or not you have symmastia. If, in fact, you do have symmastia it can be corrected using liposuction techinques. You should schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who will be able to give you a precise diagnosis. 

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD