Breast Implants, Do I Need a Lift?

I am considering breast implants and would like to know if you think i would need a lift and implants or if the implants would fill in where i need volume? I am 5'5 115 lbs and have 3 children. I would like for them to be larger, but its the drooping and loss of volume that really bothers me. Could you tell me what the cost in North Carolina would be for a implants and implants with a lift? Thank you so much!

Sometimes you need a breast lift and implants

+2

Breast implants will make your breasts larger. A Breast Lift will "lift" the breasts but not change the volume - it is like wearing a push up bra.  You definitely need a lift. If you desire to also be larger, than breast implants can be placed at the same time.

Best result are obtained with a lift plus implants!

+2

I agree with my colleagues that your appearance (deflated skin brassiere and nipple/areola position below the inframammary crease) is best served by breast lift and augmentation. The most pleasing appearance will be achieved with the Wise (anchor) pattern full breast lift, which requires scars around the areolas, from the areola to the crease, and along the crease. These scars ultimately fade very nicely in the majority of individuals, but there are always a few patients who may have thicker, wider, or more prominently visible (darker) scars.

Other techniques for breast lift exist, usually to try to lift with fewer scars. They usually do indeed achieve fewer scars, but they are unfortunately often longer, wider, and more visible than those they seek to eliminate! The symmetry and natural appearance of the breasts also suffer with these operations, IMHO. That is why the majority of plastic surgeons who do a significant amount of breast surgery use the Wise pattern or inferior pedicle "anchor pattern" technique--it work's best for most and yields consistently-superior results!

Other surgeons may also tell you that two stages are necessary, though it truly is surgeon preference, training, experience, or habit that determines this (also perhaps a history of bad results). Most of us prefer and are quite skilled at single stage lifts plus augmentation, though of course there is always the potential for touch-up or revisional surgery being necessary (a "possible" second surgery, rather than an "automatic" second surgery).

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/html/breast-lift.html

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+2
I think you will need a breast lift in order to correct your ptosis or drooping of the breast. There is a good chance an implant alone would leave you with a significant droop.
Everett Plastic Surgeon

Need for a breast lift in addition to a breast augmentation

+2

Your photos clearly show a deflation of your breasts as well as signficant drooping. This translates into the need to perform both a breast augmentation as well as a lift. The consensus that you have read further confirms this.

The best and most relevant way to obtain the cost for this procedure is to call a few plastic surgeons in your area.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Augmentation with/without Lift

+2

The location of the nipple indicates whether you need to have a breast lift.  From your photos it certainly appears that your nipples are below your inframammary crease.  Therefore I don't think you will be pleased with an augmentation without a mastopexy.

Breast Augmentation and Lift

+2

Undergoing only a breast augmentation when you need a simultaneous lift will make you unhappy with the end result. Nearly every patient would rather have an augmentation alone, but pregnancy, breast feeding and weight loss all contribute to an empty breast necessitating a lift and implant. This procedure is more expensive and quite a bit more work for the surgeon. Scarring is a concern, but this should be worthwhile with an improved, youthful breast shape and size after surgery. Find a surgeon who does this procedure regularly, as it is a complicated surgery and experience cannot be underestimated.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

Breast lift

+2

From your photos I definitely agree that a lift as well as implants would be the best option for you.  The cost will vary on the geographical location. 

Lollipop breast lift lasts longer and has less scarring.

+2

Hi.

You definitely need a breast lift as well as implants.

Your expenses include the surgical fee, the cost of the implants, the cost of the surgical facility, and the fee for the anesthesiologist.  This could come to $8,000.

Lift and augmentation

+2

I think that you definitely will need a lift and an augmentation to achieve your goals.  You can find someone in your area by going to the ASPS or ASAPS website.

Breast Lift or Not

+2

Whether or not you need a lift is really determined by what you want to see as a final result.  With your present shape and anatomy, a bi-planar augmentation could be performed that fills out your present shape, however, this technically does not lift the breast. If this would be satisfactory, then an augmentation alone would suffice. If however you desire a higher breast, then a lift would be necessary.

The trade off is in determining shape and size you desire and what scarring would be present from your choice. This should be discussed with your  surgeon well ahead of time so you can make the best decision.  There is no correct choice.  It is a matter of personal preference.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.