Getting Breast Implants & Lift and Would Like to Know What Would Cause Least Scarring?

Lost 60lbs 7years ago, 47 years old,indian descent, darker skin.Work out heavily with weights and would like to continue.Now 34-36B getting implants to a full C or bigger if helps?? weight 129lbs now. Wondering if half crescent lift is all I need with implants as lollipop or anchor seems to cause major scarring however would not want to pay for something that really ends up not looking good or waste money. Want to know what type of lift would be best suited with the implants, based on pics..thx

Breast Augmentation/ Mastopexy Technique?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your pictures I would suggest vertical or full ( anchor)  mastopexy.

One of the major  and considerations is timing of the surgery  in relation to your life circumstances. Some patients prefer to wait until they have completed pregnancies and/or are in stable long-term relationships.

Although patient's concerns regarding scars are very understandable I would suggest that their first concern should be obtaining the best results possible (scarring concerns should be secondary).  Most patients undergoing this procedure will accept scarring as long as their overall goals in regards to size, shape, contour and symmetry are met.  

Consider consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Breast lift combined with augmentation is the answer!

+1

Because of the level of ptosis that you have("droopiness") you are not a candidate for a crescent or periareolar breast lift combined with breast augmentation. These are options for smaller breasts and only moderate ptosis. In your case you require a full mastopexy  with submuscular augmentation at the same time. By sculpting the breast as it gets lifted, you can obtain the nicest breast shape and at the same time minimize the extent of the scars.

Arturo Guiloff, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift incision options when scarring is a primary concern

+1

You certainly have significant ptosis and any sort of minor lift “periareolar or crescent” with an implant would be inadequate. It may be possible to succeed with just a vertical lift but you are at its limits. At the time of surgery, by tacking the tissues, I determine whether a horizontal excision is necessary. That allows me every opportunity to avoid the anchor incision from the outset, since in individuals with darker complexions, this scar has the greatest chance of healing in an unsatisfactorily fashion.

William F. DeLuca Jr, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast options after massive weight loss

+1

I am adding another vote for a full mastopexy using either a vertical or vertical/horizontal approach wiith submuscular placement of implants placed at the initial procedure to achieve upper pole fullness.

Breast lift options

+1

I am in general agreement with the responses on this question that I see. Crescent lifts are a misconception and are to be condemned and are certainly not a consideration here. Concentric (periareolar) lifts have some utility but not in the serious nipple-areolar and glandular ptosis that you exhibit. Augmentation alone is not a remote option here either. 

I would recommend a true breast lift using a vertical (lollipop) approach and repositioning of the glandular tissue. You will get a more secure result without the implant issues and your volume looks adequate if it is all up at the appropriate level. This will not give forward projection or specifically fill in the upper pole but if the forward fill volume is not adequate after the result of the lift is settled, an augmentation with an implant can be done later through the existing incisional scar. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Needs a lift

+1

Unfortunately, a crescent or concentric lift will not give you enough elevation to reposition the nipples where they need to be. In fact this may ultimately leave you with a very unfavorable result.

Despite the additional scarring, you will get a much better result with either a vertical (lolly pop) or anchor lifts.

Lawrence Iteld, MD

BEST Combination Breast Augmentation and Breast Lift for me

+1

Regarding: "Getting Breast Implants & Lift and Would Like to Know What Would Cause Least Scarring?

Lost 60lbs 7years ago
, 47 years old,indian descent, darker skin.Work out heavily with weights and would like to continue.Now 34-36B getting implants to a full C or bigger if helps?? weight 129lbs now. Wondering if half crescent lift is all I need with implants as lollipop or anchor seems to cause major scarring however would not want to pay for something that really ends up not looking good or waste money. Want to know what type of lift would be best suited with the implants, based on pics..thx
"

Your question can be taken in several ways. If you are asking "WHICH Operation would be associated with LEAST (outside / skin) scarring?" - The answer is Breast Augmentation with no lift. But the results, would be pitifully poor. Trying to do a periareolar lift WITH a Breast Augmentation in you would be equally substandard and I would highly advise against it.

If you ask "Which operation would give me the best compromise, for my condition, if I wanted perkier fuller breasts with the least amount of scarring needed to produce THAT result?" - You would get a much more useful answer. 

You have very deflated breasts with nipples pointing straight down. Pinching skin SIMULATES the way things may look if that skin was removed. Try pinching skin around your breasts to see:
1. HOW MUCH skin you find yourself pinching (IE "removing") to get the perkiness you want and
2. realize WHERE the pinched skin generates the most elevation of the nipple complex to the position it needs to be.

You will readily see that a LARGE amount of skin would need to be removed from the underside of the breast and some above the nipple complex. This amount of skin can NEVER be adequately removed with crescent or periareolar "mini" lifts and you would require an anchor or lollipop scar in addition to the implant.

Any other operations would be , not only, as you put it  BOTH not looking good and a waste of money, but be much more expensive if not impossible to fix.

Choose wisely. You CAN have a GREAT result.

Dr. Peter Aldea 

+1

Thanks for the posted photo. Sorry but you need a FULL anchor lift to achieve any acceptable result. The other options do not apply to you or in other words you arenot a candidate. Regards Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Breast lift nad implants

+1

I think that from your photo, you are a great candidate for implants to give you more fullness, but you would need either a vertical lift or an anchor typr incision to place your areola in the right place and to remove the excess skin.  A crescent lift would probably not be ther best for you.

Vertical lift

+1

You are a great candidate for an aug/lift. I would only do a vertical lift with suspension. Its the best without a horizontal scar or anchor. An anchor scar will give you a permanent and large horizontal scar which is not necessary.

Luis A. Vinas, MD