Pain and Tenderness After Breast Lift with Implants

I had my breasts lifted and augmented in February of last year. I fell pregnant in August and had my son 9 weeks ago. After surgery, all was fine for a few months then I started experiencing breast pain--a tender throbbing pain. It changes locations but seems to occur where the implant is closest to the skin without much tissue covering it. It happens in both breasts occasionally but still mainly confined to the right one. Is this normal? What should I do?

Long term pain after breast lift and breast implants very unusual.

+1

Hi.

Unfortunately this is the kind of problem for which you really need to be examined. I don't know why you have intermittent pain after breast lift and breast implants.  It may have nothing to do with your oregnancy.

Fall from pregnancy

+1

Princess,

I am happy to hear that you had a successful pregnancy. I would ask if the pain you describe began before or after you fell into pregnancy. It may be due to your breast changes that occur with pregancy. If so, the pains should resolve the longer you are out from the lactation hormones. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Pain in breasts after implant and lift

+1

Funny or unusual discomfort at this time frame should be checked out by your doctor. In all likelihood it is nothing but it is worth investigating.  Hard to tell you what it is without examining you.

Tender breasts after lift with implants

+1

You should see your plastic surgeon. Sometimes early capsular contracture can cause pain around a breast implant, but with your recent pregnancy the situation is less clear. With a proper examination, your surgeon should be able to tell you if it is a problem with the implant or an inflammatory or infectious problem with the breast.

Matthew Schulman, MD

See your surgeon

+1

This could be anything from a degree of inflammation related to your pregnancy to infection or contracture. Without the benefit of examining you, I cannot tell for sure. Please have your surgeon take a look just to be sure.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon