Breast Implants, Lift or Both?

I had bilateral breast reduction done in the early 90's. I am 47 y/o & w/ time my breast have become somewhat droopy & feel as though they have lost fullness. I went to PS to get proposal on breast lift and he said he feels as though I would also benefit from just implants alone as well. Does this sound like it would benefit me after having a reduction? Breast lift, implants or both?

Do you want to be larger?

+1

Hello. Unfortunately it is impossible to give valid advise without having pictures or an in person consultation. The best advice I can really give would be to check to see if your nipples sag bellow your inframammary fold. If this is the case a lift is definitely needed. If not implants could improve your appearance but if you do not wish to be larger a simple lift would be your best option. I would schedule a consultation for more information.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Breast Implants, Lift or Both?

+1

It is hard to advise you on this without some photos to look at. 

If the size is satisfactory, you would do well to have a lift without implants. If added volume is also a goal, implants and a lift makes sense. 

If the nipple and areolar positions are OK, it may be that implants alone will help reach your objective. Implants will not lift the areola and nipple, but will fill out deflated breast skin. 

Please consider adding photos to your posting to get more specific advice. All the best. 

Do I Need Breast Lifting or Only Breast Implants?

+1

Much of what is recommended to patients will depend on their specific physical examination and their specific goals. Therefore, the most precise advice available will be provided  during consultation in front of a full length mirror. Online consultants, despite your good description, will not be able to provide you with precise/meaningful advice.

Choose your plastic surgeon carefully and communicate your goals carefully.

Implants can shape the upper breast

+1

Great question.  It depends on what you are looking for ultimately in a result.  In order to restore long-lasting upper breast fullness, an implant may be necessary.  The thing that you want to try to avoid with this-- is choosing an implant that is too big for you.  This could cause you to have the same symptoms that you were experiencing which initiated your desire for a breast reduction procedure.  Best of luck!

Rocco C. Piazza, MD

TO LIFT, TO AUG OR BOTH

+1

It is not uncommon to lose superior (upper pole) fullness over time.  Many Breast Reduction techniques do not provide long lasting fullness in the upple pole.  Without measurements, photos or examination it is difficult to provide specific recommendations.  You did not provide your cup size and what size you would be comfortable with.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and lift?

+1

Without an exam it is really difficult to say.  If your breasts are sagging you may indeed need a lift. If you need a lift, an implant alone will not suffice.

Lift or Both?

+1

Depend on you, do you want more volume?, if you want more volume, implants, but if you are agree with your volume, only lift.

Spanish translation provided by doctor:

Depende de usted, usted quiere mas volumen?, si usted quiere mas volumen, implantes, si usted esta de acuerdo con su volumen, solo litting.

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift , Breast Augmentation or Both?

+1

You stated you had a Breast Reduction.  Most likely, a lift will be all you need. I  cannot recommend either without photos or an exam.  Based on the information given, you state you are droopy.  When you put all your breast tissue in your bra, is that enough for you?  Is it the shape that is the problem, or do you want more volume?  Schedule an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD