Is It Possible to Have Breast Implants and Lift to Achieve a B Cup?

Due to weight loss in the early 2000's, I dropped from a C to A/B cup. I have moderate ptosis and noticeable asymmetry. My surgeon explained that due to my small size, I will need Breast implants with the Breast lift.

I absolutely, positively, want to be no larger than a "B" cup. Is it possible for the lift to reduce me to an A then have the implant increase me back to a B? Am I looking at a 150cc or 200cc implant in this case? Are surgeons generally open to placing such small implants in patients?

Breast asymmetry corrected with lift and small implants.

+3

Hi.

1) In New York City, we see your problem all the time. You can expect major improvement.

2) Most women need a breast lift with a circular scar around the nipples, and different sized breast implants.

3) Without seeing you, I would guess 100 cc's in the larger breast and 150 cc's in the smaller breast. You can certainly be a B cup, and you are wise not to go too big.

Small size after implants and lifts

+3

Of course we don't know what you look like with no photos but if you are so fixated on a cup size rather than a look, I would suggest you do the lift first with no implants using an auto-augmentation technique. If you get enough from that to be happy you are done. If you need an implant after 4 months of healing, at least you will know you needed it.

150's are too narrow for most people but you can go with the narrowest ones like a 200 that would reasonably fit your chest wall dimensions.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Breast Lift and augmentation for small, natural looking breasts

+2
I encourage women who are investigating breast augmentation to consider a breast implant size that will help them 'fill out clothes better' and improve the overall proportions of their body, not one that makes them look like "the gal with the boob job". For you, that may mean  "b" cup. That is not all unusual in my practice. 
 After one or more pregnancies, or significant weight loss, most women experience a loss of breast volume combined with some 'stretching out' of the breast skin. In many of these patients, a breast implant of moderate size will restore a very pleasing breast contour. These patients are NOT looking to raise eyebrows at work or around the neighborhood – they just want to throw their padded bras away, and to feel better about their appearance in private.
Check out plastic surgeons websites and view photographs. There should be multiple examples in many practices of women who have achieved exactly what you are hoping to achieve with your surgery. 

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/breastlift_implants.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breasts after weight loss

+2

Calissa,

You may not even need the implant. It sounds like you have a nice amount of breast tissue and really don't want implants. If you are doing a significant reshaping of your breasts with the lift then I would recommend you doing that first. It is a significant decrease in volume to go from a C to an A or an A/B. We all may be talking about different volumes in breast tissues but one thing is for sure, you don't drop a cup size by doing a mastopexy if that isn't your goal.

If in a bra, your size is where you want to be then you shouldn't be considering implants at all. If you are not happy with the size of your breasts then the sizes you are mentioning do exist but they must match your chest wall size. Often those implants are very narrow and may not achieve the changes you'd like. Consulting with a second board certified plastic surgeon is in your best interest to see the differing suggestions.

BestWishes,

DoctorMeade

You may do well with a breast lift alone

+2

I would recommend performing the lift alone first. A well- performed lift makes the breasts more round and higher on your chest. By "collecting" your existing breast tissue, it can give the appearance of larger breasts, a concept called "auto-augmentation". This approach would also avoid nipple misplacement and other risks associated with performing breast augmentation with implants and lifting at the same time. The long term problems of implants would be avoided.

If you want to be larger, you could always go back and have small implants placed at a later date.

Good Luck!

Bel Air Plastic Surgeon

Simultaneous breast lift and implant placement could be the best option for you

+2

Hi,

Without seeing photos of you, it's hard to answer your question with complete certainty. That being said, with your extreme weight loss, it's very probable that you lost a considerable amount of volume from the upper portions of your breasts. Most surgeons believe that restoration of upper pole volume is best accompished with a breast implant.

Again, without examining you, it's hard to know if I agree with your surgeon's recommendations, but his rationale undoubtedly was that mastopexy was needed to lift the areola and tighten the loose breast skin envelope, and that implant placement was needed to restore a better overall shape and add upper pole fullness. If you have any concerns about his recommendations, though, consultation with another board-certified plastic surgeon with certainly be beneficial.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Breast Implants and Lift

+2

You seem to have three problems, size, asymmetry, and ptosis. To correct all these problems will generally require a mastopexy (lift) with an asymmetric augmentation (implant). If you are very satisfied with the size of one breast, you may be able to augment only one side, but, usually, both sides are augmented to give equal fill superiorly. You will not need the implant to increase your breast back to a “B” cup, since the lift will not reduce the size of your breasts. Most good Plastic Surgeons are very willing to use small implants if that is what is needed to achieve the results you desire. In fact, if you are satisfied with the present size of your breasts, in spite of the asymmetry, all you will need is the lift. If you want to correct the asymmetry, however, you will need some augmentation.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants with breast lift after weight loss

+2

It would be great if we had something other than the cup size system to discuss breast size, since it is so variable. No one can guarantee a specific cup size so we have to go on the "look" of a B cup, meaning that you don't want to be bigger unless it is necessary for shape. Implants are certainly not a requirement, and if they are recommended then the size is something that you work out with your surgeon. Small implants such as 150 or 200 cc are not typical but the final choice is yours. I would encourage you to consider implants though since it is very difficult to do a lift with an A cup breast and acheive a nice shape.

Breast lift and augmentation

+1

Weight loss can change the body in so many ways. Your breasts may have been full before and now have a deflated look. If this is the case your surgeon is trying to give your breast some volume and improve the sag. It is not impossible to be a B cup with a breast augmentation and a lift. Talk with your surgeon about your expected results and why he suggests those two surgeries, explain to him your concerns.

Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation with a combined breast lift

+1

Achieving the results you want from breast surgery depends a lot on communication between you and your surgeon, and specifically talking about the size, shape, and look you are going for. It's hard to know if what you want can be achieved without an exam, but in general I would think what you are describing can be done, and in fact using smaller implants has some advantages in this type of procedure compared to using larger ones, and your surgeon will certainly go over those with you.

Web reference: http://www.drsalemy.com