Breast Implants with No Lift 16DD? (photo)

Hi , I am currently booked in for a breast lift but i have since thought about it and i want my boobies bigger as i am afirad that they will not be very big once the lift is done. I would love to know if i would be able to get away with Big implants rather then a lift or if that is not an option at all . I cant not afford both so it is one or the other :( I have also had 2 children as you can see and iam only 22 years old.

What do you want more?

+1

Size or appearance?  If size, go with the implant and understand a lift will be needed for the best results later down the road.  If you want appearances when undressed, a lift would be better.  Find a local plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns and limitations with him/her.  You could even consider asking for discounts understanding the worst thing that could happen is the answer 'no', though some surgeons may feel insulted and if they do, you're probably better off with someone who is more caring.

Implants or with a lift

+1

You can have a lift alone but if you want more volume you will need implants as well. The reverse ( implants alone) will not lift your breasts.

Breast Implants with No Lift 16DD?

+1

This is a very personal issue. But only using very large implants will give you very very large droopy breasts. You will need 2 operations to achieve your desired results!! First a full lifting. Than after 3 to 6 months a large implant. 

You Need the Lift

+1

Thank you for your picture. You will be very disappointed with just large implanted no lift. The best treatment plan for you would be to have an augmentation and a lift. If you can only afford one surgery and I would recommend list only. Best wishes.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast Implant to Lift Breasts

+1

Based on your photos, unfortunately an implant will not be able to achieve all you want. It will certainly achieve volume but not shape, symmetry and form - all of which you need more than volume.

A mastopexy or lift will be able to achieve those qualities and give you a sense of volume as what you have will be redistributed higher in a breast lift. If you cannot afford both an implant and a lift, I suggest you either take more time to think on it or if it is just a small volume increase you desire - to have the lift and see the result (you can always have an implant later in a lifted breast).

Hope that helps,

Dr Kevin Ho

Kevin Ho, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Lift or Augment

+1

Hello there

From your photos you have a significant amount of sag . An implant won't fix that . It may look odd as the implant would tend to sit high and make the breast look lower [more saggy] .

You also appear to have asymmetry with the right breast larger than the left .

You would definitely appear to need a lift and the size asymmetry addressed . If your smaller breast is adequate in size for you then it would make sense to lift both and reduce the larger one to match .

However if you want both to be bigger then you would go for a lift and augment to both sides .It all depends what you are trying to achieve .

Cheers

Terrence Scamp

Gold Coast

Terrence Scamp, MBBS, FRACS
Gold Coast Plastic Surgeon

Lift

+1

If your main concern is size, then bigger iimplants could be done. I my opinion you would get a much more aesthetic looking breast with a lift. They may even seem larger just because they will be sitting higher on your chest. 

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

Based on your pictures, I think you would benefit from a lift for sure.  I don't think that an implant alone will give you the results you want.  A combined augment/lift would be the most ideal; however, if you can't afford the combined surgery now then you can either wait to save the money for a combined procedure, or just do the lift now and do the augment later.  

You should discuss your situation with your surgeon.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Breast Implants with No Lift 16DD?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Your concerns are a common one.

In my opinion, it is quite clear that you will NOT do well with breast augmentation surgery alone, regardless of the size of breast implant used. You simply will not end up with aesthetically pleasing breasts, that you you will be happy with, if breast lifting is not part of the procedure performed.

You may be best off, waiting on having surgery, until you can afford to proceed with the best option for you;  probably breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Keep in mind, that this operation done together does carry an increased risk of complications and potential need for additional surgery. This additional surgery may carry additional costs associated with it.

Again, best to postpone surgery on till you are able to undergo the surgical procedure that will most likely achieve your goals.  Preoperatively, it will be important for you to communicate your goals carefully with your carefully selected plastic surgeon. Show him/her what you are trying to achieve and make sure you have achieved realistic expectations prior to proceeding.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Breast Implants with No Lift

+1

When patients need a lift, implants will not the the solution for most. An in person exam would be essential to determine if implants alone are reasonable. Were money and scars not an issue, I would prefer doing a lift at time of implants, but you might have a satisfactory result with just implants. 

The issue is the possibility of seeing the natural breast tissue seeming to drape off the implants. When that occurs, a lift is the solution. 

Discuss options with your surgeon in person. All the best.